Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 V rod Muscle

Was wondering if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto shutoff of the signal lights?

Mine works well on right hand turns but not very well on right hand turns. I have accelerated hard outta the turns to see if that changes the result but doesn't seem to help much if any.

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,245 Posts
2010 V rod Muscle

Was wondering if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto shutoff of the signal lights?

Mine works well on right hand turns but not very well on right hand turns. I have accelerated hard outta the turns to see if that changes the result but doesn't seem to help much if any.

Ideas?
The BAS (Bank angle sensor) is what determines when to shut the turn signals off. It is locate within the TSM (Turn Signal Module). There is no way to adjust it. Possibly it is not situated correctly in its cradle. The TSM needs to be installed in a particular way for it to function properly.
If the TSM or TSSM or HFSM is properly located then maybe you are just not leaning far enough in the turn.
It has nothing to do with acceleration.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply,

Is the BAS on the Left hand side fwd of the air box?

And

regarding this statement?

"The TSM needs to be installed in a particular way for it to function properly."

can you expand on this a bit? or are you just refferin to the bracket that it sits in?

The part about the acceleration was from something that I read about how it uses both lean angle and rtn to center as well as acceleration to determine the completion of the corner. Cant recall were that tidbit came from.

Guess this comes down to a "It works" or "It's broke" kinda thing. Going to Hand signals

Anyone else notice any problems like this?

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
The TSM/TSSM/HFSM should be located under the passenger seat, clipped into a bracket on the fender.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The BAS (Bank angle sensor) is what determines when to shut the turn signals off. It is locate within the TSM (Turn Signal Module). There is no way to adjust it. Possibly it is not situated correctly in its cradle. The TSM needs to be installed in a particular way for it to function properly.
If the TSM or TSSM or HFSM is properly located then maybe you are just not leaning far enough in the turn.
It has nothing to do with acceleration.
:them:

·
Premium Member
11,245 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply,

Is the BAS on the Left hand side fwd of the air box?

And

regarding this statement?

"The TSM needs to be installed in a particular way for it to function properly."

can you expand on this a bit? or are you just refferin to the bracket that it sits in?

The part about the acceleration was from something that I read about how it uses both lean angle and rtn to center as well as acceleration to determine the completion of the corner. Cant recall were that tidbit came from.

Guess this comes down to a "It works" or "It's broke" kinda thing. Going to Hand signals

Anyone else notice any problems like this?
A slight error on my part. You do not have a TSM. You have a HFSM (Hands Free Security Module)
The location of the HFSM on your 2010 is, I believe, under the passenger pillion. The BAS is an integral part of it. If the HSFM is properly positioned in its cradle and the cradle is properly positioned on the bike then you are OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts