Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the only issue with my DX, on the stand it is very unstable, probably the worst sidestand I have had on any bike, any others have problems here?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought I was just being overcautious on this. mine seems like it allows the bike to move back and forth a bit. I just took delivery last week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah it sure is the worst stand I've had also... Another guy I met had his fall when some one was looking at the bike. And he scared me so I check mine at least twice when I get off mine...

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I was under the assumption that the stand was designed to move when being place on...once fully engaged ofcourse. We have a "jiffy-stand" not a traditional kickstand.

·
fire up !
700 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
I was under the assumption that the stand was designed to move when being place on...once fully engaged ofcourse. We have a "jiffy-stand" not a traditional kickstand.
correct, once the jiffy gets the weight of the bike it locks but allows for a fairly amount of back & forth motion, looks/feels scary but you'll get used to it btw same goes for big twins
grtz

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
actually I think the DX stand feels more secure than on my RK. But they're both fine as long as you fully extend it & try not to park on too steep of an incline.

It won't fall over, you'll get used to it.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Do you guys push the bike a bit toward the rear just to make sure the stand is fully extrended?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I live on a hill and the stand is rock solid.

Saying that, I always push the bike back a bit when I first stick it on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you have air shox in rear be careful if you leave bike slammed when you park. It takes away the lean angle and weight that is necessary for the kickstand to become "jiffy" and lock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts