Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like others, am looking to unload the infamous "pooch posterior (dog's a$$)" but am baffled as to why there isn't a less expensive alternative. Most of the sidemounts are in the $200-350 range.

I have ordered grip mounted turn signals. Now all I need is to get the plate off the pooch posterior. I was thinking of having the plastic trimmed down to the plate size and then mounting the Hd V-Rod frame on the remaining portion. I'm not set on having the plate sidemounted. I just want the unnecessary plastic gone.

Any opinions are certainly welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shawn Nelson said:
Shawn,

Thanks for the link. I have seen these on eBay. Can you say anything of their quality and/or ease of installation? Thanks, again.

Val,

Thanks for the work you do here as a moderator! I'm pleased you liked the PP bit!

Dane

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Dane, it is just a simple chrome housing. it bolts onto the lower or upper shock bolt. Not as nice as the high end aluminum ones you can get from RMD and it is really not a show piece, but it works good if you are on a budget like me and want to get rid of the [email protected] The hardest part about installing it is running the cable for the light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts