Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to get one of the sidemount liscense plates from LM Cycles. I already had the new turn signals picked out and everything. And I wanted to stay legal and saw that the sidemount has l.e.d. lights for night riding w/ a quick 2-wire hookup. The only thing i got the thinking was where do u run the wires through to hide them, and keep them out of the way of catching on moving parts n stuff. So, I was wondering if anyone with one had any info. on where to run the wires, and how good they work.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
ran mine inside the swingarm and then up in front of the tire

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
Me Too

ddavis said:
ran mine inside the swingarm and then up in front of the tire

DITTO!!! Me Too.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I did mine similar to ddavis but not insode the swingarm.. My gallery shows some pics where I routed along the top of the swingarm and up in front of the rear tire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Thumbs up, I like the forum u posted up. The guys had an awesome idea, and it looked really nice too. i will probably run mine through the swingarm like the forum and a couple others said. Looks tedious, but looks great when done i bet. Tray, yours wasnt a bad idea neither, but i dont like the fact of having my wires shown up top. But where did u get the rear chrome turn signal mount w/ the l.e.d. in the rear. I think that looks sweet:D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
definitely go inside the swingarm if you can! it is the perfect way to run them!

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
im going to re-run mine through the swingarm as well when i get in the mood to do it. Also, be wary of LM Cycles....they seem to be hit or miss. Don't want to discourage, but i've had problems with mine since day 1. Other people have had issues and some have had none at all. Just giving the heads up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok Lou..I might check around first then. I was looking at the LM, bc of the price and it looked good and everything for that price, but mabye that is why they are kind of hit or miss. BC they r cheaper. I'll check around, but is there any other ones you would suggest that are really good for a fair price??

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
A few extra points

Just a few extra points to running the wires:

- I drilled small holes in the rubber grommets that seal the swingarm and run the wires in and out of those grommets.
- Place some clear or black tubing over the wires prior to feeding them through the swingarm for added protection against rubbing.
- drill through the top of the plastic inner fender and put a grommet there prior to running the wire, then come up around the fuel tank. You can follow the other wires on the left side to the rear light.

It's not that hard, be patient and take your time to do a clean job.
Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts