Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good sidemount plate for an 07 DX. I really would like 1 that mounts the plate sideways. I found some in chrome. Just wondering if anyone knows of a nice black one before I buy chrome and head to the powdercoater.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I have this one.Probably not in most peoples budget though.I saw it way before I descided to chop the ass on my bike and always wanted it so I just took the plunge.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
take a look in my gallery. I have one on my SE. It is originally designed for a Dyna. You don't use the bracket that comes with it, and just drill out the mounting hole for the lower shock bolt instead. I will be putting the same thing on my DX powdercoated in black. It doesn't have a brake light, but it does have a strip of white led's down the side of it to light it at night.

·
newb, need direction
42 Posts
got my black side mount from ghost rider customs here on the forum. looks great, simple. the wires are a pain in the ass though. i imagine it is the same with any plate.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Slammed Rod said:
I have this one.Probably not in most peoples budget though.I saw it way before I descided to chop the ass on my bike and always wanted it so I just took the plunge.

I have same one on my bike. For the money it's a piece of $hit.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Tell us how you really feel. Isn't that a Yaffe?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
In my gallery there is a side mount bracket that I made and had chromed. It fits on the lower shock bolt. The license plate frame and back plate can be mounted horizontally or vertically. The frame and back plate are Arlen Ness parts. Although any frame and back plate could work. It is also wired for a license plate light .

·
Proud R Pilot
372 Posts
I'm planning on an LED brakelight/turnsignals on my R, so I'm going to need one. Has anyone tried these http://www.lmcycles.com/?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
GreysonWinfield said:
Yeah it is.I like it.Worth $500?NO!!! I also didn't pay that much for it

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Mike,

I'd glue it to my vest before paying $500 - guess cheap is me dude.....

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
I bought one from GRCUSTOMS.com and I don't care for it. It looks alright but the wiring is difficult and does not leave you any option to replace the license plate except cutting the wires and starting over again with the install.
Also it has two bullet lights that resemble running lights and do not do an adequate job of lighting the license plate.

It's just not what I was looking for.

I was going to give you a picture of my install but I can figure out how to show a black frame on a black background. The only thing that shows in the picture I take is the license plate.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
GreysonWinfield said:

Yes it is. For the money they want it doesn't even include the screws needed to mount it to the bracket. I had to go to the harware store and pick up some SS screws to attach them. Also, I had to chop up my brand new personalized plate to get it to fit into the opening. Aren't all the plates in the US the same size? You would think they would be able to make it the correct size. Other then that I love it. :D

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Mine came with all the mounting hardware.I did have to hack the crap out of my plate though.You also have to be careful walking around it with shorts,the points are a lil sharp

·
Registered
66 Posts
radiator shroud

GreysonWinfield said:
I need help locating the right side radiator shroud for my 03 zrod,mine blew off but had one screw under the bottom holding it on but dragging it down the road messed it up.What does a new one cost? couldn't find one on ebay,thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts