Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
backcracker
Joined
·
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a sidemount license plate bracket that mounts from the top of the left rear shock? I found Doc's sidemount and a few others but I have the rear axle covers and like how they look. But I'm pretty sure you can't use them with most of the sidemounts I have found. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
Dan -

I'm not certain if our sidemount will work with the axle covers or not - still waiting to recieve them and check it out. Comparing pictures I've seen with them installed to our pictures of the mounted plate it looks like there should be no problem with clearance. If you're interested we could send you one and you could see what you think. Let me know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
rmdbillet said:
Dan -

I'm not certain if our sidemount will work with the axle covers or not - still waiting to recieve them and check it out. Comparing pictures I've seen with them installed to our pictures of the mounted plate it looks like there should be no problem with clearance. If you're interested we could send you one and you could see what you think. Let me know...

Dan, How much is the one you have. I think that would clean that back end up real good. :helpme:
 

·
Submariner
Joined
·
186 Posts
rmdbillet said:
Dan -

I'm not certain if our sidemount will work with the axle covers or not - still waiting to recieve them and check it out. Comparing pictures I've seen with them installed to our pictures of the mounted plate it looks like there should be no problem with clearance. If you're interested we could send you one and you could see what you think. Let me know...
Dan & Jason,

The RMD sidemount does in fact work with the axle covers, and aids in hiding the wiring very nicely.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3445
 

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
Hey Jason,
I spoke to Shannon last week regarding sidemount & rear light kit.
I told him to call me when the rear lights come in, this way you can ship everything out in one shot.

Thanks in advance,
Lenny
 

·
Flamed Rod
Joined
·
161 Posts
FastVRSCA said:
I have a side mount that bolts onto the shock bolt, so it can be mounted at the top or bottom ,Chris (ubetyerazz) hooked me up with them. www.Lmcycles.com they say for sportster but they will work for the v-rod aswell, the v-rod and sportster have the same size shock bolt.
Shawn,

Do you like the way it looks? I have thought about getting one. Is the bracket still painted?
 

·
Metal Guitarist
Joined
·
5,201 Posts
Darrin yes the bracket is painted black, but you can not really even see the bracket, they are also getting them powerdercoated and will be sending me one for free, since they just started in the business they sent me a note saying they would when the item arrived, they are also about to start chroming the bracket. this is for the cheaper $104 one, they also have a billet one that looks really good, but i think it is around $279.
So if you can find ANY side mount that bolts onto a sportster shock bolt, it will work on a v-rod. This makes the range of side mounts widely available..
I tried for a long time to see if anyone knew if Harley side mounts would work on the v-rod, and no one wanted to spend the money and find out,thanks to Chris i took the chance, this opens up a whole new door for us as v-rod owners.
 

·
Submariner
Joined
·
186 Posts
FastVRSCA said:
I tried for a long time to see if anyone knew if Harley side mounts would work on the v-rod, and no one wanted to spend the money and find out,thanks to Chris i took the chance, this opens up a whole new door for us as v-rod owners.
The credit goes to you for this one. I just passed along something I found - you're the one who took the chance and widened the horizon for sidemount availability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
ubetyerazz said:
Dan & Jason,

The RMD sidemount does in fact work with the axle covers, and aids in hiding the wiring very nicely.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3445

Chris - Thanks for the info. about the plate with the axle covers. Still haven't got mine installed so now I at least know it will work. Now I'm curious about the sidemount with saddlebags. Anyone have any idea what the measurement from the ground to the lowest part of the saddle bag is (with bike standing upright)? I'm having some trouble findind guys that own bikes with bags but recieved an email the other day asking about it.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top