Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can’t you sit on your bike while the side stand is down and you’re sitting on the bike with both feet on the pegs . Was told by a salesman that you NEVER do that, I don’t understand why as I’ve seen hundreds of photos of people ,stand down sitting or even laying on their bikes with their feet on the handle bars .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Why can’t you sit on your bike while the side stand is down and you’re sitting on the bike with both feet on the pegs . Was told by a salesman that you NEVER do that, I don’t understand why as I’ve seen hundreds of photos of people ,stand down sitting or even laying on their bikes with their feet on the handle bars .
That practice puts a lot of stress and extra wear on the side stand bushings. The VRSC bikes (other than the VRSCR) have weak side stand bushings that wear out quickly even with normal use. The VRSCR side stand is a more robust design but I still wouldn't recommend adding a rider's weight to the side stand load.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I just changed mine after 14 years which is not bad for a “04 . Admittedly the bushes were trashed mainly lower so I replaced the 2 bushes & pin . But I’m taking about all bikes i can’t see the problem as the design team would have certain specs that they’d have to adhere to including breaking strain . You would think that the side stand would/could take at least twice the weight of the bike . SWL is usually 3:1 and I was under the impression that engineers work on a SWL OF 7:1 . There’s literally 1000s of photos of people sitting on their bikes with their side stand down. It’s just that I’ve never heard of this in 40 years. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.