Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, can anyone supply pics and directions on putting a side mount plate, what kind, how, and what to re-do with the rear turn signals?

Thanks, let me know... :mrgr:

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Hey Frank, look for the Thread [email protected] Removal 101 , most poeple use Docs, stage 2 light that have integrated turn signals,some have moved there signals to the top of the shocks, i got my plate mount from LMcycles, it was $104.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
the RMD side mount is available with or without a license plate light... I only sell the one with the illumination. :cool:

·
Registered
424 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
the RMD side mount is available with or without a license plate light... I only sell the one with the illumination. :cool:
Actually Joe, the un-lighted version is no longer available. Just FYI...

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I have the RMD lighted sidemount and it is a quality product! Shannon was also a joy to work with and quick to ship! Now I have to trip up the enormous MD M/C plate and mount the sucker... but I am waiting for Progressive Suspention to get off their asses and make some 12" 440s! Out of stock with the Co that I have already paid for them at!
Mike

·
Registered
424 Posts
VRODScout said:
I have the RMD lighted sidemount and it is a quality product! Shannon was also a joy to work with and quick to ship! Now I have to trip up the enormous MD M/C plate and mount the sucker... but I am waiting for Progressive Suspention to get off their asses and make some 12" 440s! Out of stock with the Co that I have already paid for them at!
Mike
Hey Mike - can you post a pic of your plate after you've cut it down and installed it? I've had several questions from V-ROD guys in Maryland who are cautious of cutting up the plate in order to make it fit. Are you just using a good 'ol tin snips or what? Thanks for your help!

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Hey Jason,
I just ordered the sidemount plate & Rear blinkers from Shannon yesterday.
I was unaware of having to trim the plate. (I hope thats not the case)

Lenny

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
LENELSA said:
Hey Jason,
I just ordered the sidemount plate & Rear blinkers from Shannon yesterday.
I was unaware of having to trim the plate. (I hope thats not the case)

Lenny

don't worry, the CA plate will fit fine. ;)

MD's plate is bigger than 4"x7"

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
rmdbillet said:
Hey Mike - can you post a pic of your plate after you've cut it down and installed it? I've had several questions from V-ROD guys in Maryland who are cautious of cutting up the plate in order to make it fit. Are you just using a good 'ol tin snips or what? Thanks for your help!
I will, but I am going to do everything at once, and currently my shocks and front-end lowering kit are both on backorder. I measured my current setup, and it looks like I am going to have about 1/8 to 1/4 out from the plates letters/numbers remaining to slide into the holder. I do plan on marking and cutting with snips though! The stickers (year and month) may end up getting sliced a bit, and the word Maryland, but hell, I'm moving this summer anyway! I will post when complete!
Mike

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
The Oregon plate didnt fit in the RMD either. I didn't trim it though. I used a dead blow to flatten the edges a bit and it fit snugly and will never come out unless I take it out. I get lots of compliments on the RMD for its look and location.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts