Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the integrated rear tail lights from V-MOD

For $100 bucks, these are the biggest bang for the buck.

But the billet license plate mounts are over $300 bucks! Ouch!

I'm looking for a very simple, plain, CHEAP side plate mount.... suggestions? I dont need any lights as I'm going to use some light-boltz to illuminate the plate.

Suggestions?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Check ebay. I bought an aluminum side mount for $30.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude, this is exactly what the doctor ordered!

CRAP! You've got to have an ebay account to ask seller a question, I was going to get him to email his info so I could send him a money order. I hate ebay and their anti-gun politics.

What else have you fellow DX riders used for side plate mounts?

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
I did the same setup for my plate. I fabricated my own bracket and purchased the lights from here: http://www.mooneyesusa.com/catalog/...bolts&osCsid=755e4190e5cddc84cb1910732489a063
They are the cheapest price I've found for them ($19.00). Although the lights are pretty slick and simple to install, I've noticed that they tend to light up different colors from light to light. I bought 4 of them and gave two to my brother. I didn't notice until after I installed them that one light is white and the other has a purple tint to it. One of the other two lights didn't work at all and the other had a purple tint, but not as much as the other. I hope that made sense.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a galvanized bracket that fits on the shock bolt on ebay for 24.99 from white canyon choppers. Right or left side mount. Went to harly bought chrome plate frame for 9.99 and skull lisence plate bolts looks bad ass and cheap.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts