Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see some license plate mounts other than the ugly one that comes from HD. I just bought this one from GR Customs and would love to see if someone has it on their bike. I want to know how you did the wiring for the light that illuminates the plate.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a chrome side vertical mount I picked up off eBay for my VRSCA in chrome that I'm gonna paint gloss black. If it turns out bad, I'll see what other options there are then...

I wired my chrome one to the fuse box. Did you end up doing the same on your F, or did you just splice the existing wire snaked into the plate holder?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you end up doing the same on your F, or did you just splice the existing wire snaked into the plate holder?
It hasn't come in yet. I should be here in the next couple of days. Post apic of yours on if you can. Thanks....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am seriously thinking of buying the GR Customs plate to go vertical even though vertical is illegal in my area; side mount is illegal here too, but I bought the bike with side mount so wtf?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am seriously thinking of buying the GR Customs plate to go vertical even though vertical is illegal in my area; side mount is illegal here too, but I bought the bike with side mount so wtf?
I should be getting my plate today. I will get it on tonight and post it up hopefully.

·
Alex
185 Posts
A picture of my side mount, the wires for the LED light on it are run under the bottom of the swingarm and come up on the inside, you can't really see them unless you look really hard. The black line you see coming down the shock is my air line for the shocks, it has since been moved under the swingarm as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A picture of my side mount, the wires for the LED light on it are run under the bottom of the swingarm and come up on the inside, you can't really see them unless you look really hard. The black line you see coming down the shock is my air line for the shocks, it has since been moved under the swingarm as well.
What did you use to secure it under the swing arm? I have my plate on, and now I need to figure out what to do with the wires. Here is a pic.....

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude, I can not figure out a good way to secure these wires without them being seen. I sure wish someone would post up some pics on how they got theirs accomplished. Im frustrated..........:banghead:

·
Alex
185 Posts
What did you use to secure it under the swing arm? I have my plate on, and now I need to figure out what to do with the wires. Here is a pic.....

My air lines for my air ride is run under the swingarm, and the plate wires were run with them. They are zip tied to the air lines and secured underneath with a clamp. Look at this picture and you can see the air lines, the plate wires go up the inside of the swingarm.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
LowRod_240, that is one sweet looking ride. Is your seat and seat pan a one off made just for your bike?

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
Great looking ride. Nice work on the rear fender and love those rims too.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Muscle License Plate Setup

I went with a vertical plate mount I picked up off eBay along with a few corner brackets from the local hardware store. Not much room left between the license plate frame and the tire, but as long as there's no rub, I guess I'm good...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts