Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking all around the forum and have seen a lot of mods people have done.
I realized I did a mod a while back that maybe you guys will like.
For Christmas one year I got a TOM TOM GPS for my truck. When I got the Muscle, I thought it would be cool to put the TOM TOM on the bike. I didn’t want to buy mounts and clamps. There is nothing for TOM TOM to mount to a motorcycle. TOM TOMs are for cars.
I started looking at the bike to figure where to put this thing. I was not going to drill holes or compromise my beautiful bike. The TOMTOM only had a suction cup. So after a lot of thought. I felt I needed to make an auxiliary dash board. So I did. I used the holes in the front of the handle bars that are used for the Harley-Davidson accessory wind shield to mount the dash board. I made it from aluminum and had it highly polished so the suction cup on the TOM TOM would stick to the dash. I made three of them. I polished one and kept it. The other two are sitting in one of my drawers not polished. I can install it in about a minute and when I take it off, you can’t tell it was ever on the bike.

I also made a tool to take off the fork caps. With this tool you don’t need a ¾ Allen wrench. The Allen wrench is so tall you really have to move your bars a lot. I made a down and dirty low profile tool by welding two ¾ nuts on top of each other. One nut drops in the Allen socket and you turn the top nut with a ¾ end wrench.

Bicep

Attachments

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Creative! Nice work with the cutout. Did you use a cnc or do it by hand?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice work. how does it look form the front?

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is only 1/4 thick so it kind of blends in with your line of site.

Also

Thanks, I didn't know about RAM products. I look up what they had for V-Rod. It was a round handlebar mount. I have the billet bars. No room for that type of clamp.

Bicep

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Missed this one.........would the glare really annoy you from the polished metal ?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
think it looks great , very clever cookie !!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice Video! :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
As usual...That is a very clever idea. Anyway of posting a pic from front view?

Are you willing to part ways with the ones you have in a drawer?

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I just replaced one headlight bolt with the RAM ball. Looks a lot better than a big polished pizza tin bolted to the bars. It's on and off and adjusted in about 2 seconds and no tools.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just replaced one headlight bolt with the RAM ball. Looks a lot better than a big polished pizza tin bolted to the bars. It's on and off and adjusted in about 2 seconds and no tools.
Please do tell. Which Ram ball did you purchase? Any pics? I'm looking for a way to mount my phone to my muscle and dont want a mount on my handle. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts