Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on a road trip (auto) I stopped by the Santa Maria California HD dealer. I had a very good discussion with the new GM, Mike, about some helmets I was looking at. He was very informative, not overly pushing HD, and knew his products as well as his competitors, both foreign and domestic.

In regards to V-Rods, he was a big fan, seemed comfortable with what HD has done in terms of EPA as least up to 2010 when requirements tighten. He felt he could sell every V-Rod he could get allocated, but was disappointed to see the Night Rod dissappear as it was his personal favorite. (This indicated to me that the man actually may do some serious riding!)

Admiitedly I have done no sales (I didn't buy a helmet), or service but I left with a sense that if I was not happy this was a man that would make it right, and knew the customer was at the top of the org. chart.

Edit - My error, the bike mentioned as no longer in the line up is the Street Rod, the bike with mid controls, different forks, greater ground clearance, etc. The "sport bike" V-Rod.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
This guy you are talking about apparently is a "true" professional. Sadly, there aren't many of these in HD stealerships.

Also, if I were you, I'd pick up a brand new helmet from ebay (if you are needing one). You can get the same helmets for about $100 cheaper.

·
Registered
298 Posts
santa maria hd

rented a bike for the day at this dealership. employees were very helpful. headed east from town to mckitrick then back to pismo beach then to santa maria. 217 miles total, beautiful drive! completely different than south louisiana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts