Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering If I should switch to the reduced reach pegs? Or the whole set up?
I'm 5'7", I think I'm fine w/ the set up now, but I wonder if it would be unconfortable for the really long rides, like the KC rally.
What do you guys think?

Also, is there too much difference between the Reduced Reach Control Kit (# 50360-04) and the Reduced Reach Footpeg Kit for VRSC™ Models (#50270-02A)?
I already have the chrome brake lever and anything, so I didn't want to spend the extra money for the ki.

Thanks

Gui

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
No one knows what's comfortable for you better than you do. I'm 5'7" also w/ a 29-30 in inseam and I don't use reduced reach pegs. The longest trip I've taken was about 5 hours each way and I was fine. Actually, on that trip I was stretching my legs out further and resting the back of my heels on the controls. (It's much more important to get a comfortable seat!!)

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
I'm 5'6" (hold the short jokes) and I have ridden 1300 miles over 2 days with no problems at all. :kaz:

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
vrodrjs said:
I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam. This is what I did with my pegs. Pay no attention to all the stuff that isn't there. :cool:
Hey, yer bike looks alot like mine does right now. :banghead:

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
i use harleys foward positon seat

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I'm 5'9" and felt I needed the reduced reach foot kit just for my comfort level: Less stretch=More Comfort... all you need are the pegs, not the kit... the kit is more $ for the bent brake pedal( unnecessary)..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts