Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be taking a job in Japan. It would cost a lot of money to take my 2002 VRod and make it meet the strict emission standards. Storing it for three years would be expensive too and when I got back it’s three years older and parts would probably be more scarce. If I sell it, I would buy a newer one when I got back.

Whaddaya think?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ultimately it's up to you. If you can afford it, then store it. Maybe you know of someone you could store it at cheaper then a unit? When you get back, buy a newer bike and keep both.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
The last V-Rod was made in 2016 so by the time you got back (2021 ?) the newest V-Rod that you would be able to buy ill be 6 years old.
'
Just so you are aware of the situation of the V-Rod and Harley's disdain for anything new and fresh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last V-Rod was made in 2016 so by the time you got back (2021 ?) the newest V-Rod that you would be able to buy ill be 6 years old.
'
Just so you are aware of the situation of the V-Rod and Harley's disdain for anything new and fresh.
Indeed. Who knows, maybe there will be a souped-up FXDR available by the time I get back. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Depends on how much you love that particular bike - 3 years storage is probably $ 1500 and the bike may devalue a like amount in that time. That's $ 3000 in the wrong direction plus startup costs, flat tires, battery etc. so like the song asks " How Deep is your Love ? I just sold a pristine low mileage 2003 Anniversary Edition for $ 5400 as I had nowhere to store it, didn't want to part it out so it went to a happy owner that will ride it - happy ending. Some times ya just gotta Let Go. Good Luck !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depends on how much you love that particular bike - 3 years storage is probably $ 1500 and the bike may devalue a like amount in that time. That's $ 3000 in the wrong direction plus startup costs, flat tires, battery etc. so like the song asks " How Deep is your Love ? I just sold a pristine low mileage 2003 Anniversary Edition for $ 5400 as I had nowhere to store it, didn't want to part it out so it went to a happy owner that will ride it - happy ending. Some times ya just gotta Let Go. Good Luck !
That's the way I'm leaning. No sense letting it sit for 3 years when someone else could be enjoying it. When the job is finalized I'll put her up for sale. Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
ya, holding is too costly.
bet you'll find some nice 2013's and up when your back.
i bought my 06 in 2016 - all is good.
"if "they become a wanted bike because they are discontinued, the prices probably still wont get much higher for few years, if at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts