Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a smaller front fender? Isn't there one from another VROD that bolts onto my fender bracket (that keeps breaking).

Thanks

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Where can I get a smaller front fender? Isn't there one from another VROD that bolts onto my fender bracket (that keeps breaking).

Thanks
Somebody else will chime in, but I seem to remember that there was a "sport" fender that was shorter. I also recall that they changed either the 2007 R fender or bracket because of the breakage problem, but don't recall which (and I'm not near my parts books at the moment)

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I thought they made the 07 R fender in plastic and shorter. Get the dealer to do a search and see if they can get one of those.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I am not sure, but I think any of the short fenders will work, just turn it around so the flatter end is forward.

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
I have the "Sport" fender on the front of my R.

I don't recall the part number, but if memory serves it was meant for the original iteration of the V-Rod. I got it off eBay a while back and it came in the satiny natural aluminum look of the first year 'Rods.

Attachments

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I am not sure, but I think any of the short fenders will work, just turn it around so the flatter end is forward.
Can't turn them around, the bracket is directional.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Street Rods and V-Rods use the same fender. Turn the fender around not the bracket.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sport fender is what I'm looking for, Strokerswild

Is that a steel Motor Company part?

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
You can not turn an R bracket around. Yes you take an A/B/D/DX/SE/X fender and turn it around to fit the R. The F bracket fits the R.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I had an a**hole hit my bike and could not get the original short R fender any longer, or so the dealer told me. I am not sure but the new Sportster 1200 R front fender looks like it might fit since the forks are the same. Not sure how the plastic will take paint though.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
2006 R's used the same aluminum front fender as all the other V-Rod models. It is mounted in the reverse direction on the R ( R's have the fender bracket in front of the fork legs while the other V-Rods put the bracket behind the fork legs ) but it's the same item. In 2007, the VRSCR and VRSCX received a shorter and lighter fiberglass front fender. Again, this part on the R is mounted in the opposite direction as it is mounted on the X. This is the fender to use. Since it's lighter there are no more fender bracket problems. A front fender from an XR1200 also fits. I haven't tried this one, but you might try a VRSCF front fender and fender bracket. I kind of like that look, along with the radiator shrouds, for the R.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Correct, Phil!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts