Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea about adjusting the stock shocks with loosing 2 inches ?!!
I find it more costy than getting a new one !!

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Do a "thread search" on cut shocks. Someone here performs this service, just can't remember who it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean?
The stock shocks are adjustable,To get the bike lower,you need shorter shocks.
No i meant the stock shocks to be cut 2 inches ...
I know many ppl here do cut shocks but none of them experienced HD ..

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts

·
Back in Black
2,589 Posts
2 inches is a big cut. You could go progressive 12 inch thats a prettty good drop and good ride. Unless you want real low. You could go arronetts air but $
do not get me wrong i have a set of skullman 11.5 inches and like them. If you are not in a big hurry i may have them for sale later.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks guys! :notworth::notworth:

2 inches is a big cut. You could go progressive 12 inch thats a prettty good drop and good ride. Unless you want real low. You could go arronetts air but $
do not get me wrong i have a set of skullman 11.5 inches and like them. If you are not in a big hurry i may have them for sale later.
my issue wth that is, i live in middle east, and takes so long to get the shocks over, and difficult to assume that such shocks will fit and match my customization ...
I think i'll go for cutting the stock shocks and try it for 1 month at least .. and then i'll decide ..

If you plan to sell the skullman, plz let me know !!

Thanks again

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Just as soon see you do struts for all the good 2" cut stocks shocks will do ya. You'll be scraping the fender/pan and the exhaust - at least.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just as soon see you do struts for all the good 2" cut stocks shocks will do ya. You'll be scraping the fender/pan and the exhaust - at least.
I already changed the fender and the pan, here ive attached pic of my bike ..

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Looks like you're pretty handy with a wrench. Have you put the bike on a stand, removed the stockers and measured eye to eye for the length and check the tank/swingarm clearance with the 2" drop. I went through this process and determined that 1.5" was the lowest I could go without doing major swingarm mods or an aftermarket swingarm. Good luck with the mods.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like you're pretty handy with a wrench. Have you putt the bike on a stand, removed the stockers and measured eye to eye for the length and check the tank/swingarm clearance with the 2" drop. I went through this process and determined that 1.5" was the lowest I could go without doing major swingarm mods or an aftermarket swingarm. Good luck with the mods.
Actually no i didn't do any !!
i was assuming that 2" would be great without any measurement .. thats why am seeking answers ...
so 1,5" is what am plannin for ?!

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Put the bike on a stand and take the measurements instead of making a guess at what you need, or drop the $'s for the air ride setup. Seeing is believing.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I've had a few assorted lengths on my 03 and found that 12 inches is the best for looks and the ride.I run this length on both my 07 and 03 with the progressive front lowering kit.
I don't carry a passenger,but I've loaded the bikes down for traveling and w the setting on 4 and 5,the tire has never hit the inner fender.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've had a few assorted lengths on my 03 and found that 12 inches is the best for looks and the ride.I run this length on both my 07 and 03 with the progressive front lowering kit.
I don't carry a passenger,but I've loaded the bikes down for traveling and w the setting on 4 and 5,the tire has never hit the inner fender.
Thanks for the info on that, Im gonna go with the 440 12" too and the 1" progressive lowering kit, should work out great with my solo seat fender Im making!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would say that cutting 1.5" is about the max you could cut and still have a little actual suspension left. I was going to cut mine 2" but after measuring the bike and the shocks, 1.5" was the way to go. This left the shock 11.5" long.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts