Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Dan from Ohio and I own an 07 Niterod. So far it has been nothing but awesome.
I have a question regarding the exhaust. I am currently in the process of modifying the stock exhaust. My question is, can I mount some turnouts at the Y (where the mufflers attach) for the time being while my exhaust is being opened up? I am worried about a lean condition possibly harming the valves. I am of the understanding that the computer should adjust to this and compensate. I just want to be sure.
Thanks for any input,
Dan

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
CommonGroundBoy said:
Hi, I'm Dan from Ohio and I own an 07 Niterod. So far it has been nothing but awesome.
I have a question regarding the exhaust. I am currently in the process of modifying the stock exhaust. My question is, can I mount some turnouts at the Y (where the mufflers attach) for the time being while my exhaust is being opened up? I am worried about a lean condition possibly harming the valves. I am of the understanding that the computer should adjust to this and compensate. I just want to be sure.
Thanks for any input,
Dan
the computer will not adjust the air fuel ration enough to run the bike like this... to run the exhaust like that you will need to tune the bike using one of the available fuelers.

also, if you are opening up your stock pipe, you will also need to run a fueler and a tune on that setup as well.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrodforu: You can mount turnouts, however you will need fuel management even with the modified stock system (depending on the MODS)

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
DTHDOC said:
:vrodforu: :vrodforu: You can mount turnouts, however you will need fuel management even with the modified stock system (depending on the MODS)
beat ya to it..LOL

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
Welcome,
Use the search feature, try : Cheatin Pipes

You should get a ton of info including tons of free,

:cook :cook

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
laconia76 said:
Welcome,
Use the search feature, try : Cheatin Pipes

You should get a ton of info including tons of free,

:cook :cook
??? free hotdogs? WOOT!!! I am there!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, I want hot dogs too!! Free?!?
:stooge:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ya , about the exhaust tips , dont take off the stock pipes unless you are about to re-tune you bike and or put an after market computer on it. if you dont do this it will run hot and you WILL damage your engine...

·
Registered
248 Posts
SEBBIE said:
Hi ya , about the exhaust tips , dont take off the stock pipes unless you are about to re-tune you bike and or put an after market computer on it. if you dont do this it will run hot and you WILL damage your engine...
And it likely wouldnt be very rideable anyway....

Once you get the PCIII USB shoot me a PM and I'll send you my tune for Topless/K&N/SideShots off the header pipes...

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Looks like your question got covered pretty well. Welcome to the forum. Where are you in NW Ohio? There's gettin to be quite a few of us around.

RJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts