Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love communities like this where everyone helps each other out. You guys have already been awesome. I've got a question regarding an 05 Vrod. It's my first every Harley (I've always had sports), and I'm rather short at 5'6". I pick up the bike in two weeks (logistics) and am a bit worried about the current bar set up as it relates to my height. Currently, it's got apes on it, smaller ones, not huge, but higher than normal. The gentleman I'm purchasing from is also my height and says he loves the fit. I really like the look of stock bars but hear that they are a bit far forward for someone of my height. Anyone here ride a V rod that is around my height? And if so, what bar set up do you have? Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im 5'7 with a 30in inseam, 31 on a good day. Like yourself, I was worried about the ergos on the bike. I never owned a bike with forward controls or short bars. I found that none of it was a big issue. Its no more uncomfortable than bikes Ive had in the past. I have the stock bars on it. I wouldnt worry about ergos til you put some miles on it first. You might be surprised how much you like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, thanks man. Mayeb I'm jumping ahead, I've got to wait and see how it fits me. HArd to wait since im so pumped about picking it up haha. Jim Thorpe eh? I live in Northampton!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
If you get west about an hour , hit me up , I'll show you some of my favorite local roads , about half-way to Harrisburg from where you are . I ride an '06=D . I grew-up in Coplay , LOL .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts