Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:stooge: I was wondering what rear shocks anyone would recomend. When me and my wife ride together we bottom out the shocks just about every time we hit a bump, neither of us are heavy aka over wieight but Ive heard that the stock shocks suck on harleys, any info would be helpfull

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Progressives, Smoothrides, or any of the various airshocks.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I just installed Progressive 440 heavyduty version in 13" length. The difference is amazing and I go about 230 lbs of quivering blubber-LOL!

·
Registered
922 Posts
zcat said:
I just installed Progressive 440 heavyduty version in 13" length. The difference is amazing and I go about 230 lbs of quivering blubber-LOL!

:them: I think they were the best thing I added outside of the Rick's tank. I wish I was still at 230 :)

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
FOURNALES never ever bottom out and nice plush ride, and they come with a one moth trial.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
How bike-specific are shocks? The V takes Progressive 4045C. Would 4048C not work on the V?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I just installed Works Black Trackers on the rear and new fork springs. It made my DX so much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
329 Posts
STEVIE-ROD said:
:stooge: I was wondering what rear shocks anyone would recomend. When me and my wife ride together we bottom out the shocks just about every time we hit a bump, neither of us are heavy aka over wieight but Ive heard that the stock shocks suck on harleys, any info would be helpfull
What compression strength do you have them set at? (1 through 5)

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Progressive 440's

n/m

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Works are good shocks also.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
PLO231 said:
I just installed Works Black Trackers on the rear and new fork springs. It made my DX so much more enjoyable.
Me too ('05 B). 11" Works Street Trackers and Progressive stock length springs with SE fork oil. I ride by myself 99% of the time, but the Works shock are fine when my wife rides with me. My shocks are set for 260#s -- I weigh 255 and my wife is about 110. I love the Works shocks. take care. cw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts