Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get one that fits the V-ROD shocks?

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
The dealer has one pretty cheap (and looks it).

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
I got mine from the dealer it was about $10.00, my dealer had two different one to pick from cheap and cheaper. I just got the cheap one. I think mine is one made by Drap Specialties

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use the Quick Wrench i think is what its called. As seen on TV but bought it at Lowes. Basically a plastic handle with an adjustable rubber strap. Works great and can be used on all sorts of things.

Ron Myers

·
Here for the ride
355 Posts
rmyers said:
I use the Quick Wrench i think is what its called. As seen on TV but bought it at Lowes. Basically a plastic handle with an adjustable rubber strap. Works great and can be used on all sorts of things.

Ron Myers
Hey Ron,

Great Idea. Got two of these laying around my garage and never thought to use it for this application. :chair:

Leo

·
Registered
454 Posts
A strap wrench is better in any case because it won't scratch the chrome. A spanner wrench will scrape the finish on the inside of the holes after several uses. I've learned the hard way.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rmyers said:

Ron Myers
Excellent idea...I`ll see if HomeDepot has em.

·
Flamed Rod
161 Posts
redbud said:
sears strapwrench
since we are on the topic of shocks, what should my setting be. I'm 5'6" and weight about 145lbs. yeah yeah get all the short jokes out while you can. My wife is about 125lbs. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Darrin,

You would have to decide of what feels good to you but I would suggest 1 or 2 for just you and 3 or 4 when you ride 2 up. If you find you're scraping a lot then move it up a notch.

Mark

·
I love my V!!!
311 Posts
crvte84 said:
since we are on the topic of shocks, what should my setting be. I'm 5'6" and weight about 145lbs. yeah yeah get all the short jokes out while you can. My wife is about 125lbs. Anyone have any suggestions?
Darin

You look alot smaller in your avatar :twisted: :D :rofl:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
crvte84 said:
I (now) ride on 3, and I'm 240#. IMHO, I think there is plenty of room for more weight. Try it with your wife and see how it feels, then try 4 and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Water pump pliers with tape on the jaw does fine!!!

Water pump pliers with tape on the jaw does fine!!!Worked for me! have fun, Fred ;) :cheers:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I will never use a spanner wrench again.I lowered the shock to 1 for me(I'm around 155lbs) while at work.used a spanner wrench,and it nicked the chrome when it clicked into place.NEVER EVER again will I use a spanner wrench.Strapwrench for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts