Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to send my shocks in to Skullman to get shortened and have a couple questions for anyone with experience with the 240 kits. I would like to get the shocks shortened 1 1/2 inches but am concerned about the rigidness of the ride as opposed to 1 inch. I am also thinking of installing the 'customworksdatona' 240 package and wonder if the shocks being shortened 1 1/2 inches will cause clearance problems with the tire if I install the kit. Has anyone shortened their shocks that much?

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
I lowered my rear end by 1 or 1.5 I cannot remeber, but I do not have a clearance problem. I just have to are the shocks up to full air pressure when riding with two people. I do have the 240 kit also.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I run solid struts so don't be such a wussy! :sinister: ;)

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
'bout how much do you weigh?....
One factor to consider, also at what setting are you currently riding (1-5)?
I wouldn't go more than 1" shorter just to be safe. The "enormous-osity" of the 240 will mask any 1/2" difference and you won't be as likely to shred that expensive rubber!
My :2cents:
Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input Mike. I hang around 175, so the weight won't be a problem - I didn't want to go 1" and wish I would have had them shortened more - especially if there was a lot more room to play with. After searching through some old threads - I think i'll stay @ 1".

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
VRODScout said:
'bout how much do you weigh?....
One factor to consider, also at what setting are you currently riding (1-5)?
I wouldn't go more than 1" shorter just to be safe. The "enormous-osity" of the 240 will mask any 1/2" difference and you won't be as likely to shred that expensive rubber!
My :2cents:
Mike
ok Now from SOMBODY WHO KNOWS!The 240 tire is a 40 SERIES!That my friends is a VERY SHORT TIRE!Not sure the difference from stock but I know it is.You can go 2 inches as long as you have the RIGHT REAR FENDER! ;) no problem with the struts either .My roads a pretty good around here so it great!Roads condition were you ride is a Main concern.My highways and stuff are all new and we never get rain or snow. :cool:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
:spank: :lick: :chair: :alien:
Super Kaz said:
ok Now from SOMBODY WHO KNOWS!The 240 tire is a 40 SERIES!That my friends is a VERY SHORT TIRE!Not sure the difference from stock but I know it is.You can go 2 inches as long as you have the RIGHT REAR FENDER! ;) no problem with the struts either .My roads a pretty good around here so it great!Roads condition were you ride is a Main concern.My highways and stuff are all new and we never get rain or snow. :cool:
:goof: :notworth:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts