Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a swing arm kit that came with a spacer i will upload a photo. Does anyone know how i can get a spacer like this made. It had about an inch threaded whatever its called on the end, which broke off and it also has a threaded hole on the other end both measure M12 X 1.75. I got it from a distributor euro components who sells the swing arm, but he wont tell me the manufacturer. He charges a whopping $110.00 for that piece when in all reality its a $15.00 piece. And its coming from italy so that makes it even worse. Who makes or sells something like this? Where i can get those measurements
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Cylinder

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
That spacer is a crap design. Think of going with a tubular spacer and through bolt grade 10.9 instead if metric or grade 8 if SAE size. This places the whole unit under compression rather then the wimpy tensile application of that design. Bore a hole through the existing ones as the easiest solution for spacer and bolt conversion.
Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That spacer is a crap design. Think of going with a tubular spacer and through bolt grade 10.9 instead if metric or grade 8 if SAE size. This places the whole unit under compression rather then the wimpy tensile application of that design. Bore a hole through the existing ones as the easiest solution for spacer and bolt conversion.
Ron
If there is space between the spacer and the bolt the wouldnt the shock move?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Basically set it up same as stock unit, only with longer spacer. Or as Ron mentioned, get a hole drilled through the center of this spacer and get a long(very strong) bolt to go right through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts