Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find decent all black shocks for my 08 dx. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there. Might go with arnott's but a little pricey and I don't care whether they are air ride or not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Progressive 440's are a great performing shock, all black and with some patience you can find them for between $4-500 a set. I went with 13" for a sliver more clearance.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I had a set fournales on my softail Steve,great shocks but megabucks!

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Penske Night Rods!!!

ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
That's putting it mildly! :broke:
Y'all must have WIVES or sumtin'...

3 X's, kids all grown - nothings too good for my baby.

Looks aside - they radically improve the ride quality, adjust easily, and look amazing.

Worth sneaking the xtra $$'s past the little woman's watchful eye (if you still happen to have one).

Blacked out fork tubes should be in by Friday - then I pull the forks and I'm up to Atlanta next week to pay a visit to Traxxion Dynamics to have the AK-20 with top cap adjusters installed (that and the incoming HD LED black headlight finish out the "blackout" on the front)...

Rick

·
Registered
171 Posts
shocks

I have fitted arnotts air shocks to my 08 and love them. I weigh 110kg and the better half a mere 60kg and find 75 to 80 psi with me sitting on the bike is a good comprimise between handling and comfort with the rebound adjustment set at 1. Also gives slightly more ground clearance solo and two up. Air suspension doesnt react to sharp bumps as well as spring but i can live with the odd kidney cruncher.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts