Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys need some help here, I can not finder the Raptor shift lights even if I google it they do not come up, What shift lights are out there and what works best on 09 DX help Brett

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Any other suggestions? Which one is the most reliable in terms of installation/use, etc? Thanks like always!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I use the Motogadget Sureshift. It's low profile with a very bright display, has a gear indicator, and and a tach ring in addition to its shift light function. A lot packed into a very small piece. When it's not flashing at your preset shift point it displays the gear with the outer ring acting as a tach ring. Installation and programming was easy.

http://www.motogadget.com/us/frameset.html

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I use the Motogadget Sureshift. It's low profile with a very bright display, has a gear indicator, and and a tach ring in addition to its shift light function. A lot packed into a very small piece. When it's not flashing at your preset shift point it displays the gear with the outer ring acting as a tach ring. Installation and programming was easy.

http://www.motogadget.com/us/frameset.html
Very nice.

·
all or nothing
1,373 Posts
Thanks, Motogadget Sureshift is what I need.
I sent a guestion, is some additional component needed to convert speed or rpm signal or not.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Nothing additional is needed, they will provide everything. My bike is 2003 and nothing extra was required. They sent me a speed sensor with the package but I didnt need it. Not sure if that applies to all years or models of the V. Here is a drawing showing how I connected it that might help if you go that route. I added some connectors because I am anal about anything that hampers or gets in the way of servicing the bike and I wanted to remove my custom bar set-up in one complete piece.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Nothing additional is needed, they will provide everything. My bike is 2003 and nothing extra was required. They sent me a speed sensor with the package but I didnt need it. Not sure if that applies to all years or models of the V. Here is a drawing showing how I connected it that might help if you go that route. I added some connectors because I am anal about anything that hampers or gets in the way of servicing the bike and I wanted to remove my custom bar set-up in one complete piece.
Nice!!! Did you do these wiring schematics yourself or is this what comes with the shift light?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Nice!!! Did you do these wiring schematics yourself or is this what comes with the shift light?
I did them myself using Visio. I have been working in my garage on my V project for a couple of years now. I have dam everything you can think of incorporated into this bike. The challenge for me was to keep it servicable so it dosent take an hour to do a 10 minute job. Most of the aftermarket components come as bolt on and are not necessarily condusive to servicing (without extra effort), or are designed to mount in places that I dont want them. So I modify almost all of them and then draw the modifications so that if I have any problems when I'm finished, its an easy fix using the drawing.

I was actually thinking of posting the 30 some drawings that I have, all in Visio, so that anyone could strip the components and build thier own library, but I dont think many people bother drawing thier mods so I haven't done it.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I did them myself using Visio. I have been working in my garage on my V project for a couple of years now. I have dam everything you can think of incorporated into this bike. The challenge for me was to keep it servicable so it dosent take an hour to do a 10 minute job. Most of the aftermarket components come as bolt on and are not necessarily condusive to servicing (without extra effort), or are designed to mount in places that I dont want them. So I modify almost all of them and then draw the modifications so that if I have any problems when I'm finished, its an easy fix using the drawing.

I was actually thinking of posting the 30 some drawings that I have, all in Visio, so that anyone could strip the components and build thier own library, but I dont think many people bother drawing thier mods so I haven't done it.
Excellent, nice job!!

·
all or nothing
1,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I mounted it on the right side of the Rizoma cluster. I can't remember if it comes with the mounting bracket or if you have to order the bracket seperately. But you will need the mounting bracket or you can fabricate something to suit where you want it mounted. Take a look at the bracket on thier web site, it is a very simple piece.

Here are some pic's of it mounted, if you need better pic's I can take some more for you. The bracket is mounted using one of the screws that holds the instrument gauge housing to the riser mount. I drilled a couple of small holes in the bracket so that I could tyrap the wire to the bracket.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I mounted it on the right side of the Rizoma cluster. I can't remember if it comes with the mounting bracket or if you have to order the bracket seperately. But you will need the mounting bracket or you can fabricate something to suit where you want it mounted. Take a look at the bracket on thier web site, it is a very simple piece.

Here are some pic's of it mounted, if you need better pic's I can take some more for you. The bracket is mounted using one of the screws that holds the instrument gauge housing to the riser mount. I drilled a couple of small holes in the bracket so that I could tyrap the wire to the bracket.
Nice clean set-up, question for you tho... Are those PM controls? I like your set-up, very clean and functional...

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
They are modified 3D OMP controls. The switch housings are untouched but the masters have been modified for -2AN lines and fittings, levers replaced with one-of adjustable levers, spacers for speed shift push buttons and NO2 button, grips replaced with modified Rizoma grips for internal throttle, and mirror mounts modified to accept modified Rizoma mirrors. Thats what I can remember. I would take some pic's for you but I just tore it down for some changes right after I took the pic's in the previous post.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
They are modified 3D OMP controls. The switch housings are untouched but the masters have been modified for -2AN lines and fittings, levers replaced with one-of adjustable levers, spacers for speed shift push buttons and NO2 button, grips replaced with modified Rizoma grips for internal throttle, and mirror mounts modified to accept modified Rizoma mirrors. Thats what I can remember. I would take some pic's for you but I just tore it down for some changes right after I took the pic's in the previous post.
Nice set-up... Thanks....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Raptor shift light mount

Guys probably do the Raptor, were can I get a handlebar mout 1 inch is what my 09 vrod night rod special has, I need it to mount the shift light to the handlebars HELP please does not need to be black i can powder coat it

·
Run and die tired!
388 Posts
How do you wire the raptor in I domt have any gauges I deleted them but I do want a shift light

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
most bikes pin #3 in the ecm plug. prolly should consider a manual or the search function

1 - 20 of 27 Posts