Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With approx. 5000 miles on my VROD, today my shift lever stuck continuously on the downshift. We were on our way back on a 145 mile round trip. It is hot today - 90's humid. We stopped to put on rain gear about 40 miles in on the return trip. When we mounted back up the problem started. When ever I had to downshift, I had to lift the lever back up with my foot which sucked in the torrential rain. I read on one site something regarding the synthetic oil and heat. Has anyone had this problem? Please let me know. Thanks. Nancy

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes but no

I had this problem but it was when I changed to chrome slotted shifter, it rubbed the rad. side cover, had to put a small piece of velcro where it rubbed.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I had to ream out the bushing on the shift pedal shaft. I used some fine sandpaper. If you're lucky, thats the problem. There is a nylon(ish) material inside the shift lever, and sometines the peg support gets crudded up.

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Daniii said:
I had to ream out the bushing on the shift pedal shaft. I used some fine sandpaper. If you're lucky, thats the problem. There is a nylon(ish) material inside the shift lever, and sometines the peg support gets crudded up.
I Second this. Later Ski.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts