Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just installed the black slotted shift lever kit on my DX. was a piece of cake but when started to ride I noticed that it has a less "bending" than the stock one so keep on touching the lower part of radiator.

Has any one experienced this before and how to avoid scratching the radiator cover? I will post pics latter to clarify what I am saying

Thanks

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Hi All, just installed the black slotted shift lever kit on my DX. was a piece of cake but when started to ride I noticed that it has a less "bending" than the stock one so keep on touching the lower part of radiator.

Has any one experienced this before and how to avoid scratching the radiator cover? I will post pics latter to clarify what I am saying

Thanks
You can adjust the shifters position by moving the tranny side of the shifter rod bracket. Loosen both front and back, move shifter where you want and tighten. It will not effect gearing.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
the shifter shaft is splined and i think he means to loosen the bolt keeping it tight and slide it off and move counter clockwise and it will change the pedal position.

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
I ran into this as well on the DX... Since I liked where the shifter was, I didn't want to change anything.

I held a small heat gun to the radiator cover, making sure it didn't melt, but just got soft. When that happened, I pressed a tool against it and held it there until the plastic cooled. It left a small indent that cleared the shifter.

Not for everyone, but worked for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts