Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a continuation of this thread

Ok, so in the beginning, I, like many others, did not know what he wanted. I decided against a sport bike. I did not feel like a hard-core cruiser. So, what to get? I had always been a Harley fan. I just never was able to afford one. Years passed and life settled in. About 5 months ago where I used to live I found a nice Vrod. But the dealership just wanted too much. Fast forward 5 months and here I am.

I was settled in on a M109r. I talked to the dealership and had it all ready to go. On the way out I decided to check " one more time " on Ebay for a Vrod. And wouldn't ya know it, not 2 hours before a local dealership put one up for sale.

And there you have it. Outside sits my brand spanking new-to-me Vrod. I just took ti out on a little cruise. I tell ya, it's insane. I did ONE 1/3 throttle quick-turn and holy crap!!! I don't wanna know what it's like full throttle...lol All I can say is I truly do understand the feeling a Harley gives. I don't show much emotion but I guarentee you on the inside I had a smile 10ft wide. Damn do I look forward to the days to come.

Ride safe everyone...Frook

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Congrats!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
FINNS VROD said:
so what did you buy??

frook said:
Outside sits my brand spanking new-to-me Vrod. I just took ti out on a little cruise. I tell ya, it's insane. I did ONE 1/3 throttle quick-turn and holy crap!!! I don't wanna know what it's like full throttle...lol All I can say is I truly do understand the feeling a Harley gives. I don't show much emotion but I guarentee you on the inside I had a smile 10ft wide. Damn do I look forward to the days to come.

Ride safe everyone...Frook

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2004 VRSC-b Orange / Black with 7,700miles. I got it for (pre-tax and warranty) for just about $9,600. I did buy a 2yr warranty on it. With how complex this bike is (even though I am a grease-monkey) I had to do it. I don't want to go down the road wondering "what if".I know that's not a steal, but considering a similar one where i used to live went for $12,500, I am very happy.

Here's the awesome part. It came with a passenger seat, HD Skulls grips and pegs (front and back) as well as Screaming Eagle pipes. This thing sounds SICK!!! Those add-ons alone have to be worth a solid chunk of cash. I think the pipes run at least $200 and the pegs probably over $100. I don't know, I just think all the little mods already on it are really cool.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Awesome!! Welcome to the family! Remember, the bike is just a down payment on the accessories! :laugh:

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
:worthless

Cmon Frook, be the proud papa and show us some pictures of your new baby. We all understand, trust me.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Congratulations!
It's a great feeling, isn't it? You get to have that feeling every time you get on and go for a ride now. You made the right chioce, and since it's a B you made the wise choice!

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Congrats. & Welcome.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here she is!!!

My main cam has dead batteries. These were taken with my camera-phone. It's still beautiful...lol

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Let me be the first to give you 5hit about the fork reflectors :angeldev:
Nice bike! :thumb:
Mine used to look pretty much identical to it.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
LET the MODING begin, HAHA. Welcome to the forum! Looks nice sounds like a good deal to me. Good luck the list of mods u can do seems to literally grow everyday.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts