Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video is pretty cool, just wish I could understand the language. :mad: It looks like they compare both machines and even do a track test.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Well it is dutch and what they say is that Ford had something to do with the development of the engine......I always thought it was Porche.

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
Wot aload of shit even from an advertising point it was bad.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Well it is dutch and what they say is that Ford had something to do with the development of the engine......I always thought it was Porche.
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: LMFAO........The number of credits given to the Revo's design is starting to get ridiculous.

.................Starting???? My mistake!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Looks like a younger jay leno, cool vid though

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger....:) .They say it have something to do with the high performance parts in het engine, research on how to get more power out of a existing power source....

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger....:) .They say it have something to do with the high performance parts in het engine, research on how to get more power out of a existing power source....
It's really a bizarre situation with this bike. Everyone either wants some credit, wants it to be built by their corp, their country, their guy, or anyone but Willie G. and Harley! Now if there was something proprietary internally these rumors might have some merit but seeing as how all the technology existed how can credit be divided up? OH....the only patents on the V belong to Harley. Hmmmmmm.
Just heard it was designed for European roads as well. I guess we are low on the list in the states here? Ludicrous amount of rumors with this bike......and it continues to grow!!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
The V-Rod engine was based on the VR-1000 engine. The VR-1000 engine was developed at Roush racing. Roush was a former Ford employee and most Roush Racing stuff revolves around Ford products.

So while the info about Ford being involved is incorrect, it's not totally psychotic ramble, just wrong information. Roush and Ford are close enough for someone to make that mistake and not be totally nuts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The V-Rod engine was based on the VR-1000 engine. The VR-1000 engine was developed at Roush racing. Roush was a former Ford employee and most Roush Racing stuff revolves around Ford products.

So while the info about Ford being involved is incorrect, it's not totally psychotic ramble, just wrong information. Roush and Ford are close enough for someone to make that mistake and not be totally nuts.

Interesting.......

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
I only understood a few key points:

1) "5 liter", "powered by SVT", "Carroll Shelby", etc. when he was talking about the Ford
2) Something about how bad the stock Harley seat sucks, at least I think that's what he said. Sounds like "seat hump stupid" at 5:41.
3) Said that having a V-Rod will get you laid -- something about "great screw" anyway, around about 5:50. :D

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Ion-man,

Man you are so mistaken....
2) great seat! the seat is formed to keep you on the bike when accelerating
3) something about the handle bar

:)

·
Banned
14,891 Posts

:cupcake......and the beat goes on.....and the beat goes on......:cupcake

Ya , Roush, Cosworth, Buell, Porsche, Carol Shelby, Kia Motors, Penske Racing, Paul Newman...............................Sonny & Cher?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
I heard the Lochness Monster was also involved in this project.. :deal:

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Ion-man,

Man you are so mistaken....
2) great seat! the seat is formed to keep you on the bike when accelerating
3) something about the handle bar

:)
I was far from being serious about that... I've no clue about anything to do with the German language. Apparently my attempt at humor was lost in the translation between my head and the keyboard.:chair:

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
:cupcake......and the beat goes on.....and the beat goes on......:cupcake

Ya , Roush, Cosworth, Buell, Porsche, Carol Shelby, Kia Motors, Penske Racing, Paul Newman...............................Sonny & Cher?
Roush for the VR-1000 engine and Porsche for the V-Rod engine. It's not beat it's facts, not hard to find out really. It's not secret like Harley's sales figures.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts