Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my Muscle for 18 months now, drooling over the various websites, forums planning my upgrades... Wife has been extremely patient and humors me every time I tell her the plans.

Well, she surprised me for valentines day and bought me the upgrades.. So my PCV, Auto tuner, V&H competition Slip-ons and K&N filter will be here Wednesday.:)

So, I want things to go without a hitch... What do I need to have in my possession so I can get it all installed and back on the road by Thursday. I know there has been a few of you that have done the install.... Any insight is extremely appreciated!!!

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Wow! Does she have a sister? Just kidding.

You might want to make the decision to go topless or semi-topless while you have it apart. That way the auto tune will take the topless condition in to consideration as it auto tunes. Just a thought. May be some K&N air filter oil.

Bicep

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
maybe she figured that if she spent $1200 you would stop boring her with bike talk...............................LOL.............good luck with your upgrade

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
no wonder she ya wife ... i told mine i want airbag rear shocks and she said .. " doesn't it already have rear shocks " ... they just dont get it .. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
No such luck here brother. I have been talking stage II with a new throttle body and injectors for a while and all I get is why does it need to go faster than it already does???

Lucky man.............

·
Registered
257 Posts
So what did you get her?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She got a ring...

UPDATE: Today I got everything and was prepared to get it done. This is what took place...

1. Removing stock pipes and heat shields... Easy, no issues.

2. Removing stock O2 sensors... Easy, no issues.

3. Installing the front O2 sensor ... Easy, finding the correct route for the wire to the auto tuner module, moderate.

4. Installing the rear O2 sensor... I'm still cussin... Who came up with that? Unless my O2 sensor is different than everyones I see it failing soon. I have a huge clearance problem. The wire contacts the cylinder wall..

5. Placement of the PCV and auto tuner modules... Freaking impossible with the rear seat. Nothing fits right, not that the seat fit well in the first place. Placement of the USB connection on the PCV is horrible. You have to take everything apart to connect it to the computer.

6. First impression of the sound that erupted from the pipes when started... Amazing!!!

I really could use some advice!!! Hints!!! HELP!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update...

It's been almost been one week since I installed all of the equipment. I have ridden it almost everyday and for the most part I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. I believe I used the 15-006 base map and have hooked up the bike to the computer to look and accepted the trim settings. I still have some decel pop, and I'm not exactly sure where to make adjustments. Does anyone out the have the same settings that might have some suggestions on how to remedy that?

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts