Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Max had mentioned that it seemed difficult if not impossible to get the Sharkcoat evenly applied enough to look professional. My question is, if a few coats are applied and let to cure, can you wet sand with say 1000 grit then buff to get a more even and smooth apperance? I really would like to polish my old tins to a mirror finish and still have some protection until I can raise the funds for a true clear coat or paint job down the road.

--Darin

·
Registered
89 Posts
it's not that difficult to put on. you need a cloth that's lint free. it also helps if you have a bike lift. however, i had to do it twice. the first application was kinda crappy, so i just stripped it and then reapplied. it seems that it has to be applied quickly in order for it to work. it's been on the bike for almost 18,000 miles and still appears to be holding up, but i think that i'm going to re-do it this season. i only wish that i had applied it the same day i bought the bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
you'd have less control over the application by spraying than you would with a rag. i'm telling you, many guys have done this. it's not a big deal. the whole process took a couple hours.

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is Sharkhide anything like that "As seen on TV" product called "Touchless"? Is it basically just a Acrylic coating?

--Darin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts