Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how far from the top on each fork the fluid should be. Im at my brothers house in Texas, and we are putting his bike back together and I don't remember from putting my chopper together. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
231 Posts
smoothrod said:
I need to know how far from the top on each fork the fluid should be.
I have an '03-A .......... the service manual says the fork oil should be 85mm (3.3 inches) from the top of the fork.

I have the Progressive lowering front springs ........... and i have the level at the recommended 5.5 inches from the top; using screeming eagle heavy oil.

Dan

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
smoothrod said:
I need to know how far from the top on each fork the fluid should be. Im at my brothers house in Texas, and we are putting his bike back together and I don't remember from putting my chopper together. Thanks in advance
Are you talking about an R set of forks? If so:
Left 80 mm
Right 122 mm

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chicago Dan said:
I have an '03-A .......... the service manual says the fork oil should be 85mm (3.3 inches) from the top of the fork.

I have the Progressive lowering front springs ........... and i have the level at the recommended 5.5 inches from the top; using screeming eagle heavy oil.

Dan

Im talking about the R front forks, but thank you.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
smoothrod said:
Thanks Stang, is this the updated measurement?
Those numbers are in my service manual. I remember a thread talking about new numbers and I would have changed it in the manual to the new numbers if they were wrong.
I am trying to locate the thread but there are many out there.
Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts