Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a 2003 VRSCA on trade and I need a service manual. Went to E-bay and there's a guy that will sell a PDF copy for $5.95.

Is it legal? Would you guys buy it? Or, better yet, anyone got a hard copy for sale, cheap?

·
Chad
263 Posts
Ditto

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a copy of the $60.00 service manual in PDF form. It would need to be printed if you want a hard copy. I don't think it's legal, then again, it's not legal what some dealers do to their customers in the service department either, know what I mean ?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I bought the manual for my dyna off that guy its decent for the $5. I ended up buying the real manual once I had caught up on money after some mods.

·
Born to be mild
202 Posts
My service manual was pretty badly beaten up, the binding was broken and pages were falling out. I took it to the office store and had it re-bound with a plastic spiral binding. That is the best six dollars I have spent on the V-Rod. The manual is now much easier to use than the original binding.

I think everyone should have the Service Manual, the Parts Catalog and the Electrical Diagnostic Manual for their specific model. I also got the Clymer generic V-Rod Manual, it is good for a second opinion on things.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
I just purchased the 09' lightly used service manual on ebay for $32 plus shipping and a new electrical diag. manual for $19.99 plus shipping. Essentially got both manuals for the cost of one. Keep looking and be patient and you can find a good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts