Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 R and I'd like to buy a service manual. Ive found many on ebay ranging in years...most of them are 2005 manuals...some are earlier and some later...I was wondering which one would be best for me? I know all the VRSC models share most components, but I was unsure if the 2005 and earlier have information on things like the R's Brembo brakes and things like that...suggestions would be appreciated...I ask because I can buy a 2005 manual alot cheaper than the 2007 manual and I wanna know if that would have all the information I need...thanks

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
The "R" was only made in '06 and '07. I would stick with the proper year, myself, although I'm not sure how many changes were made.

·
George
5,411 Posts
The '05 manual will be 90% accurate..... which 10% do you want to be wrong?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
The '05 manual will be 90% accurate..... which 10% do you want to be wrong?
:D And some of the torque values are wrong in all of them!:banghead:

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Enough of a difference to make me want the CORRECT manual.....

Get all three if you plan on keeping the bike.

·
NSFW
1,985 Posts
R Service Manual

I have part number 99501-06 for my '06. It's been accurate so far for me. The latest on the H-D website is 99501-06A ($60.00). There are probably some corrections in the A revision.

I also have the 99457-06 parts catalog and the 99499-06 electrical diagnostic manual. I have not had to use the electrical manual yet, but the parts catalog has come in handy.

The latest parts catalog is revision B. The latest electrical manual is revision A.

I'd recommend all three manuals. If the manuals that you are looking at do not have the -06 suffix, don't get them.

Doc

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
...I was unsure if the 2005 and earlier have information on things like the R's Brembo brakes and things like that...
2005 and earlier manuals won't have ANY info on R's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts