Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's so easy....
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear brake light switch went out, but I want to make sure I R&R it correctly so I pull out my trusty service manual and lo and behold, blank pages!

Anyone else have this problem? I'm heading to the dealer tomorrow to see if they will switch it out for a new one, but I'll bet I'm out of luck because I've had it for a few years now.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Whats the Page number so I can check mine
In the earlier books before ABS the stoplight switch is covered in Chapter 8 (e.g, in 2003 it's in Section 8.19 page 8-32 and in 2005 it's in Section 8.23 page 8-49). In my 2010 manual this is discussed in two places; in Section 7.27 on page 7-41 for bikes without ABS and in Section C.3 page C-9 for bikes with ABS.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
In the earlier books before ABS the stoplight switch is covered in Chapter 8 (e.g, in 2003 it's in Section 8.19 page 8-32 and in 2005 it's in Section 8.23 page 8-49). In my 2010 manual this is discussed in two places; in Section 7.27 on page 7-41 for bikes without ABS and in Section C.3 page C-9 for bikes with ABS.
I checked my book ( granted I have the 09 ) Section C-1 - C-9 is all on ABS but no blank pages, And 7.27 in my book is about the Horn :D. Section 7.26 (7-41) Is Rear Stoplight switch. Any "blanke" pages I ever seen are for Notes thats labled at the top of the page. Could be possible there is a miss print but I have yet to see or hear about it ( I been through pleanty service manuals)

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,398 Posts
Its listed in my 05 manual,right in the pages you mentioned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts