Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of my other bikes and cars I can usually find a e-version that I can download. any recommendations for a manual:deal:?

Thanks
H

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
the HD OEM books are the best.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
:them:

·
Registered
818 Posts
For all of my other bikes and cars I can usually find a e-version that I can download. any recommendations for a manual:deal:?

Thanks
H
If you ever find one let me know. I have been looking since I bought my "F" 2 years ago. Bought an OEM manual over the summer.

·
Noel
4,612 Posts
Unless HD has changed their policy on this, you will not find a consumer version of the manual in an electronic-format.

Given the boom in these new EBOOKS & Tablet PC, you can understand everyone desire for them get with the times, there are plenty of ways to copy write protect files from illicit distribution. Time to get with the Times HD!

OTOH, the displays on some of the tablet PC might be susceptible to oil, fuel & solvents used in the shop, if I had one I'd spend a fortune protective film for the touch screen, my paper manuals have plenty of oil & grease finger prints.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Being in the IT business, I HATE that no one includes paper manuals for a lot of hardware & software anymore.

I end up having to "kill the trees" myself and print the suckers. And it's more about manufacturers being cost conscious, than "environmentally friendly".

SCREW THE TREES - I'll take a good ole printed manual any day.

That being said, the first accessory ordered for every bike I've ever owned (at least HD), is the factory service, electrical diagnostic & parts PRINTED BOOKS.

Rick

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree, I'm a big fan of online and computer generated things, but the printed manual is really handy. You can find some good deals on auction sites for them too. I just got a parts catalog for $10 - normally it's like $50. I got my service manual for $36.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Unless HD has changed their policy on this, you will not find a consumer version of the manual in an electronic-format.

Given the boom in these new EBOOKS & Tablet PC, you can understand everyone desire for them get with the times, there are plenty of ways to copy write protect files from illicit distribution. Time to get with the Times HD!

OTOH, the displays on some of the tablet PC might be susceptible to oil, fuel & solvents used in the shop, if I had one I'd spend a fortune protective film for the touch screen, my paper manuals have plenty of oil & grease finger prints.
:them:

The MoCo is really strict on this, I have seen them pull web pages that scanned the service manual for maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts