Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that our cohost location has been down for about an hour now. I have called them but no answer as to what was out but there entire network was down not just our server.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I was freakin out and sent you a few e-mail!:mad: I think I'm Hooked!:eek:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if anyone noticed we were down from around 4:15 am until almost 6am this morning but I did get to make voice contact with the cohost location. I'm not sure they were aware they were down this morning until I called. They say that there was a static IP problem that had been changed during cable work done 2 months ago and that when a problem came up that the switching system did not function as it should last night. This morning they said that the room my server along with the providers server lost power but we were back up five minutes after I called them so I think the 24 hour monitor might have been sleeping on that one since the entire network was not down only a single cage of servers. Lets hope that we won't have any more problems for a while.

Good side is that I had done several updates in the last few weeks and was waiting for a good time to reboot the server. Many changes don't take effect until a reboot but with the power loss we got our reboot.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max ,
check your e-mail [email protected] I sent you something that might be relevant!:eek:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kaz I can assure you that we did not have that problem. We have had attempts made since the server was put in place but one was a very poor attempt at a DNS or denial of service. The other was from Germany and a fairly good approach at breaking the code of the ftp. It caused me to just shut the ftp down until I could take steps to block the group of IP's that the attempts were coming from.

Our server sits in a cage with the main server from http://www.colo4dallas.com so if you see us down anymore you can always check that site. If it is down as well then you can bet we have a network problem. Or power problem as they stated this morning.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
as you know I don't know much about this Hi Tech Stuff.I just wanted to pass it along because it seem to be prevelent in the HD Web site world.Just trying to keep my eye's and ear's open for ya!:cool:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are currently having a cohost location crises I fear. It seems that the room that our server is in seems to have a power or lack of power problem. We went down again Sunday morning and I had to call and tell the new tech what was wrong yesterday before they got it back up today. I hope they get this issue resolved, it does the server no good to have the power shut off all the time not to mention the downtime of the site.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I was gonna collect call ya and tell ya but said a Prayer instead!;)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
You think I got all and were I did By myself?I'm a VERY VERY Blessed Man!!!!:angelwing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts