Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 VRSCA Airbox
Im performing my general servicing and inspection cleaning. On my airbox, is this a serviceable part? I can feel that its put together in at least two pieces. Im not finding anything in my regular manual, my service manual, or my parts manual about it or cleaning it.
All help apperciated.
Automotive tire Tire Gas Automotive wheel system Automotive design

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car

Kitchen appliance Light Gas stove Kitchen stove Cookware and bakeware

·
Registered
748 Posts
That is the crankcase breather/oil separator. Technically there is no service procedure for it but yes, you can open it. Inside there is a filter (feels like a scotch brite pad) It can be cleaned.. some guys have added additional screens, others have eliminated this setup entirely bad it’s what causes oil in the air box. Check the “search” function here- plenty of threads on this.

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
As a side note if you take it apart seal the top back on with Permatex or equivalent oil resistant RTV it really slows down the oil that gets spit around inside the airbox - (y):cool:

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
As a side note if you take it apart seal the top back on with Permatex or equivalent oil resistant RTV it really slows down the oil that gets spit around inside the airbox - (y):cool:
Yup and also stops that rattle or popping sound at idle from a loose top. One of the first things I did to my bike , shortly after getting it.
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts