Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to put this in the clasified area, but I'm unable to. I just purchased the SERT and had it instaled with my K&N filter with my pipes v modded yesterday to my 2007 Night Rod Special. Is there anyone interested in purchasing my SERT? I paid $400.oo and will Sell for $375.oo shipped. I have an existing ebay account. Thank you, Ed

·
____
1,519 Posts
I didn't think you could use a race tuner with multiple bikes. I thought that once it is married to a bike then you cannot use it with any other bike...

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
harleymon55 said:
I wanted to put this in the clasified area, but I'm unable to. I just purchased the SERT and had it instaled with my K&N filter with my pipes v modded yesterday to my 2007 Night Rod Special. Is there anyone interested in purchasing my SERT? I paid $400.oo and will Sell for $375.oo shipped. I have an existing ebay account. Thank you, Ed
Harley is smarter than that. Your sert is now proprietary to your ECU. In fact should the ecu go you'll need to purchase another sert. Nice huh?

·
Registered
964 Posts
just bought mine from zannotti for 375 new.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys I'm not all that knowing about the marriage thing once it is used. So I guess I can't sell it. C I'm not to smart about this sort of thing. Thanks for letting me know so I don't go and make a complete fool of myself. Thanks for looking out for the stupid guy.

·
Registered
323 Posts
sert

I was told by my local stealership that the sert is keyed to the vin (he said that in the initial set up of the unit via the pc link it keys to the vin that the tech types in) so that if your ecm went belly up you could use the sert with the new ecm. Is this true? Just trying to figure the best way to do things (ie. Daytona VRFI, sert, or...) thx.
Rondo

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts
Rondo said:
I was told by my local stealership that the sert is keyed to the vin (he said that in the initial set up of the unit via the pc link it keys to the vin that the tech types in) so that if your ecm went belly up you could use the sert with the new ecm. Is this true? Just trying to figure the best way to do things (ie. Daytona VRFI, sert, or...) thx.
Rondo
On first use of the SERT software it automatically gets the ECM info which records the VIN, ECM P/N, and CAL ID then somehow programs the SERT box to only recognize that ECM. Additionally, it will not allow you to load an incompatible MAP, i.e., a '06 MAP into a '07 ECM. The only '07 1130 MAP available is for a SE air filter so you will need to get a dyno tune if you have pipes, topless, etc. When I had mine dyno tuned they had to do some tweaking; it only took 1.5 hours including setup/teardown, some dealers will tell you it takes 6 hours. Make sure they will give you a copy of the MAP before you have anyone tune it, the SERT software cannot read/download a custom MAP from the ECM but you can collect data....DC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts