Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it may be a silly question to some, but does the SEPST stay on the bike after it's been tuned? I picked my bike up from the dealer today and they didn't give me the tuner back. I plan on heading back tomorrow to grab it assuming it doesn't stay on the bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good Question

WOW!...I just signed on to check the very same thing. Is the SEPRT a "piggy-back"unit, a replacement ECM, or a software "loader". I am totally new to the world of EFI. Carbs I know.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
SEPST is an interface to reprogram the on board ECM. It's a dongle and software. You don't leave it on the bike.

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
Though if you would like to log engine drive & train data, it can be left on, but to be useful it has to be in reach, I have mine on the destroyers handle bar to tree bracket.

But as RJ points out, generaly it comes of after the tuning session,

You paid for it, get it!

Sent from my droid

·
Premium Member
11,245 Posts
When yuo picked up the bike they should have given you the SEPST. Its a box married to your bike and you paid $400+ for it. Go back to them and get your property.
It doesn not normally stay on the bike. When installed you can modify the bikes ECM. After modification you normally remove it.
You will need to purchase cables and software if you with to use it yourself.
If you need to make modifications to the bikes ECM you will need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts