Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I was hoping to get some more opinions in regard to sensor placement running topless.I did read some of the older posts but am not necessarily agreeing 100%.I'm not saying I'm right buy any means, as there are many on here who know much better than me.
However,to me, looking at where the sensor sits on the stock top, it would immediately get a pretty good charge of the cooler air coming in through the snorkel and into the box. Having it sitting in the bottom portion of the box is less likely to get a similar hit of air...as it would in the stock location. It would seem to me, that having it placed just above and just outside the bottom portion would give it more similar air under acceleration than having it sitting in the bottom of the airbox. it might read warmer at stop and go than it would sitting in the bottom...but tough to say.
I had it in the bottom of my box, and it seemed to run fine and with no issues. However,I swear it seems to run a bit better just outside the box at the front middle...could very well be in my head...but I don't think so.
Any thoughts or advice?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Mine is zip tied to to the side of box.

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
mine is tied top center front wall of the box. sticking up past the top of the box.

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Here's mine:

Some people have done that but the biggest concern I have heard over that location is "WHAT" happens if the piece snaps and gets sucked into the intake??? Bent valves? I would not feel comfortable enough to chance it so I have always drilled a hole in the lower airbox and mounted it there.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Some people have done that but the biggest concern I have heard over that location is "WHAT" happens if the piece snaps and gets sucked into the intake??? Bent valves? I would not feel comfortable enough to chance it so I have always drilled a hole in the lower airbox and mounted it there.

:them:

·
Boss Noss'n Muscle
162 Posts
Well, no different than WHAT happens if my nitrous nozzles break off and go inside the motor? Can always be scared I guess. What happens if we crash our bikes and die? Simply put, don't think those thoughts. ;)

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Well, no different than WHAT happens if my nitrous nozzles break off and go inside the motor? Can always be scared I guess. What happens if we crash our bikes and die? Simply put, don't think those thoughts. ;)

Thanks,
Tom
Comparing apples to oranges but if I can prevent something from ever being an issue then I will :) It's all good though :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts