Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking for OEM parts (specifically in this case, rear crankcase breather hose, 29505-05.) I have one on order through my dealership, they have no idea when it will get here. I have one on order through bikebandit.com, they have no idea when it will get here.

It seems as though everyone *must* order direct through Harley, and no one has this particular ($12) part in stock locally. Are there any online warehouses I'm overlooking that would be able to overnight me said part? I'd really like to take the bike out this weekend, but can't seem to locate the part I need to get back on the road. I hear this is not uncommon with H-D, and this is very frustrating, to say the least!

What happens in the future when another cheaply built part (just like this one) cracks or breaks? To be fair to the MoCo, I'll add: What happens in the future when I accidently break a part due to carelessness? My riding season is short enough as it is, having to wait an unknown amount of time for a trivial part just seems wrong.

Somewhat related, I ordered a windshield and a backrest back in mid July... backordered. No one has any clue when either will be here. WTH?

I need something like a NAPA for H-D! Hmm... potential business opportunity?

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
call Carlene... 207-622-7994 - she will send you one right out... they have 2 in stock... tell her Sharkey had you call and you will get good treatment...

glad to help out.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
THat has been a bitch with HD for quite awhile now. Hope you dont need a frame part because you will be waiting a long long time. On a happy note - NO shortages of tacky T Shirts or leather vests... :angeldev:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sharkey - thanks for the referral. I was going to use that as a last resort, luckily I found one a bit closer so won't have to pay for the overnight shipping.

I've called all of the dealerships within 100 miles from me (seven total) ... none have the part in stock.

I then started calling regional dealerships, those within a 1 or 2-day UPS ground (affordable) delivery from me. Chicago dealership didn't have it. Tried a big dealership in Omaha, they had ONE in stock, I about fell out of my chair. He's sending it via UPS ground today, it'll be here tomorrow. :notworth:

The potential disaster of not being able to ride during the long labor day weekend has been avoided, thankfully. Whew.

Still frustrating though!!

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
was it Dillon Brothers, if so that is a huge store

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guessed it!

<off topic>Go clones! Bunch of my friends are getting together tomorrow night to watch the game!

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
you should come with me to conesville this weekend South of iowa city 20 miles). drag racing, many concerts, beer, and lots of :boobs:. im leaving Friday to meet up with Jeck (jason) and Thumbsupracing (kevin). spring was a blast

and i am so excited for the tailgate for the clones. i have one more year at isu so i need to get in all the tailgating in as i can lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you should come with me to conesville this weekend South of iowa city 20 miles). drag racing, many concerts, beer, and lots of :boobs:. im leaving Friday to meet up with Jeck (jason) and Thumbsupracing (kevin). spring was a blast

and i am so excited for the tailgate for the clones. i have one more year at isu so i need to get in all the tailgating in as i can lol
hah, sounds awesome.. thanks for the invite, maybe next time. Already booked this weekend with family plans all around the state. Monday is free, unfortunately it looks like it's over on Sunday!

I've heard MANY good things about those Conesville rallies...

Nick

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
All dealers have access to a website called HDNET. The parts person can log into it and find out what dealer has the part you are looking for. They can give you location and phone numbers.

HDNET is not real up to date but will give you a chance of finding a possible dealer that has what you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts