Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BlackCat and I made the SEMDRA race at Albany, Georgia this weekend. Unfortunately Smokenjoe and Tony didn't come so we were the only 2 Harleys.
We both had some killer time runs but came up short at race time. Ironically we both had air shifter troubles. BlackCat's solenoid quit on him and the bike didn't shift and my air line blew off the shift cylinder just as I went into second gear(race over):wazzup: .
Mike had a killer run around 6.50 @ 116 mph. I don't remember his exact numbers
The boss Noss system performed flawlessly. Last time out I had dropped from motor only 8.00 @ 88mph to a 7.41 @ 98 mph on the BN and this time with a progressive controller and air shifter added went 7.12 @ 102.9mph. This is on stock wheels and motor and fat boy rider. A little over 850lbs total. A set of Buell wheels and a few less chocolate milks this thing will be in the sixes.
I've had tire slippage, air shifter issues and driver brain farts but so far the Boss Noss system has been on the job every trip down the track. Very reliable.
Dana

·
Registered
29 Posts
Way to go DANA...

I didn't think to call you to see how it went...DUH...
ANYTHING I can do to help you!?!?!?
Let me know...you have my #...

I won't be "Going South" for at least 2-weeks...
Going to be with PHDean (and my Dad) at Maxton this weekend helping him try for 200+mph on his Neckid ZX10...

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kcadby said:
Way to go DANA...

I didn't think to call you to see how it went...DUH...
ANYTHING I can do to help you!?!?!?
Let me know...you have my #...

I won't be "Going South" for at least 2-weeks...
Going to be with PHDean (and my Dad) at Maxton this weekend helping him try for 200+mph on his Neckid ZX10...

Hi Kevin,
I was hoping to hear from you. The tuneup you put on the bike is working great, at the track and on the street.
I think I'm finished adding things to the bike now I just need to get consistent on the launches.
Good luck at Maxton. Are you just wrenching or are you going to ride to?
Keep in touch.
Dana

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts