Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey maybe you guys can help me answer this, when you sell your motorcycle privately & when the potential buyer wants to ride it how do you cover your ass just in case they drop or damage the bike ? i don't have full coverage so if that happened you might have the buyer get hurt or try to get out of paying. i have always put bikes on consignment in the past & i'm not comfortable letting just anyone jump on for a joy ride ? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I don't, this is not a local test ride day. They can ride mine after I had cash in my hand. To much potential for people wanting to just stop by and run the shit out of your bike. Everyones policy is a little different, too much risk in my opinion.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if I'm selling the bike for $8k, I require cash or cashier's check for $8k in my hands while you go for your joy ride

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's what i thought about is having cash in hand cause one guy said he was hurt & he would let his wife test ride it & i was like Ahhh No i don't think so tim ! thanks for the replies & help

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
ass, grass or cash (in hand). nobody rides for free, not even a test ride!

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
At least have them sign an agreement form to pay for any damage done during the test ride. If they really want to buy the bike they will sign it tell them it is a pre nup...LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Send a PM to BAD VR, Frank had a bad experience if I recall.
Yeah i had some toolbag call about this bike & he keep telling me how he saw this muscle cheaper here & there but was still trying to buy mine! So i copied a pic from ebay of a honda & told him to buy it since it was more in his price range.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
If I know the person, yes. If I do not, then no. I do agree to refund their money if they are not happy. If they crash 10 seconds after they buy it, sorry. Joe

·
Registered
64 Posts
ya even if they sign something saying they'll cover damages , it my turn into trying to get blood from a stone . test ride it's call test your metal put on by harley . if you've never ridin a v-rod mine ain't going to be the first unless i'm really hurtin to sell . hope something come through for you soon .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts