Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ebay store and sell used motorcycle parts on it. For sometime now I have been thinking about placing this question on the forum so now here goes,

I have thought that some of you may not like to deal with ebay or selling your parts on ebay so I got the idea that maybe I could offer the forum members that I could list your items on my ebay store for sale and drop ship them when sold .
In case some of you do not know what "drop shipping" is, it is when I sell an item that someone else physically has and they ship it once it is sold. I just list it and sell it for you for a small percentage.

Anyone have any interest in doing this ?

I would list the item with your description and price and pictures. I list items most of the time for 30 days with a buy it now price with an offer option, but I can list as an auction also if desired. The plus about the store is I pay a small monthly fee for my store and only 20 cents per item listed and I get to place on the listing like up to 20 photos and other things for free.

I am not exactly sure at this moment what percentage I would take on the items , maybe a small fee like 10% up to $100 dollars and 5% after that or something like that. I would like to get the peoples input on this here about this. Shipping costs are figured by actual location of the item and the shipping address, the box size and weight. These are all calculated by ebay when sold and I charge a $2.00 handling fee for boxing the item. This would be included so you dont get raped on shipping the items, but it is up to you to figure out the size of the item box and the weight prior to me placing the ad.

For my items, I usually look on ebay for the same item and look to see what it is listed for and undercut that price so I am the cheapest selling item. This usually makes the items sell pretty fast.

I am putting this out there MORE FOR HELPING those out that want to list items for sale on ebay then to make money on them, and it helps keep more inventory for sale on my store to keep customers coming back and buying.

Now the difficult part of this, I have a 100% sellers feedback and I intend to keep it that way, so if an item sells it must be described to the best of knowledge as to the condition, shape and all other things about the item, and it must be packaged and shipped in the best possible way to keep its condition, AND I guarantee shipped within 3 business days of payment, so this must be adhered to also ( this can be changed for drop shipped items). This is a MUST to keep my good seller standings.

ANYONE interested in talking about this ?

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Well I think it breaks the spirit of the forums intentions. We buy and sell on here to help each other out. Not to make a fortune. Bad idea! No way to control the price even if you are undercutting others. If someone wants something they will buy is no matter the cost. Also, selling on ebay is just a simple as selling on the forums. Why would anyone want to have a broker for simple parts?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't gamble with my own feedback score...anything can happen and then you are caught in the middle.
:them:

If a deal goes bad, you will be stuck in the middle catching $h!t from both side. Could be a lose, lose deal for you. imo.

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I think it breaks the spirit of the forums intentions. We buy and sell on here to help each other out. Not to make a fortune. Bad idea! No way to control the price even if you are undercutting others. If someone wants something they will buy is no matter the cost. Also, selling on ebay is just a simple as selling on the forums. Why would anyone want to have a broker for simple parts?
I think it IS in the spirit of the forum. Maybe, and this is a MAYBE, its another way to help out Some other forum member here.
It is just a thought.

Also, Yeah, the feedback issue is what I have been worried about.
Like I said it is only an idea. Not saying it will happen or not.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I think it IS in the spirit of the forum. Maybe, and this is a MAYBE, its another way to help out Some other forum member here.
It is just a thought.

Also, Yeah, the feedback issue is what I have been worried about.
Like I said it is only an idea. Not saying it will happen or not.
Not for those wanting to buy parts. There are people on ebay that are pretty saavy and will run up the price on parts or buy them low to resell. I don't buy that. Just looks like a way to kill the classifieds section here. Especially when folks have great success selling parts here. This is a trusted community and that confidence would suffer when exposed to the outsiders of ebay. Trust me, I know how ebay works. It would surely benefit sellers but not the forum buyers. Why give 10% to someone when you can keep that profit for yourself if you are selling. We have already had someone buy stuff here and relost on ebay. This gave alot of folks a bad taste in their mouths. My feedback on the situation. Hope you understand. Nothing personal.

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not taking anything here personal.
Like I said, it is only a thought and want the forum members input on it. I am listening to it all.
And, I do not buy parts to resell.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Not taking anything here personal.
Like I said, it is only a thought and want the forum members input on it. I am listening to it all.
And, I do not buy parts to resell.
You will be, as evidenced already, perceived in every and any which way imaginable regardless of your real intentions. The sale of "parts" has gotten to be a real sensitive issue around these parts lately. Your offer is yet another twist.

The wife does a ton of eBay and many freinds ask for similar favors. Even with fees it's a PITA.
***Without the part or item "in hand" you are certainly asking for problems...........mostly your own. Not to mention you do not know the history of or what path these parts have traveled. It is my educated guess that more than 50% of eBay are stolen parts.

Nice offer but I would rescind it-LOL!!

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will be, as evidenced already, perceived in every and any which way imaginable regardless of your real intentions. The sale of "parts" has gotten to be a real sensitive issue around these parts lately. Your offer is yet another twist.

The wife does a ton of eBay and many freinds ask for similar favors. Even with fees it's a PITA.
***Without the part or item "in hand" you are certainly asking for problems...........mostly your own. Not to mention you do not know the history of or what path these parts have traveled. It is my educated guess that more than 50% of eBay are stolen parts.

Nice offer but I would rescind it-LOL!!
Yeah I did not know we had so many untrusting souls here on the forum. All I was doing was putting feelers out there to HELP FORUM MEMBERS out if they needed the help.
MAYBE I WONT OFFER THE HELP AFTER ALL.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Yeah I did not know we had so many untrusting souls here on the forum. All I was doing was putting feelers out there to HELP FORUM MEMBERS out if they needed the help.
MAYBE I WONT OFFER THE HELP AFTER ALL.
Very wise on your part to ask people's opinion first, since most of the time and generally speaking we have good intentions and other people find the way around to think just the opposite! I'm sure if someone around wants to have your services and help they will PM you and you can deal privately with no problems, since there's always someone around with a "bright" opinion to spoil other people's bussiness...:spank:

Ebay can be a PITA for the seller sometimes, and buyers can be really "[email protected]" too... I just got a message from a buyer that won an item for $16 (MSRP for $47) almost two months ago asking me for a partial refund for 2 spacers that the ORIGINAL item comes with (probably $2 worth) and I didn't included. Obviously I pictured what was included in the auction and clearly stated it came off a bike with the included hardware. Not everybody wants to deal with that kind of stuff and you are clearly offering a hand to them. Good luck and have a good day guys!

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Ebay is a good tool, but the forums is an even better one.

On top of that, why would anyone want to give money to Ebay? And deal with all the cheap A$$ people who want to get something for nothing on there.

Unlike Ebay, most on here have a good understanding what a part is worth, and/or how much they are willing to pay.

Where as on Ebay, once it's listed, and it sells for dirt cheap your out of the part for way less than what 20+ people on here would have paid as it still would have been a good price.

Back in my Paintball days, people would wait to bid on the last day, an/or have an extra BS account and bid 40+ times to see what the reserve was. On top of that, there was a ton of other issues.

Things here are simple, IE here is the item and what I am asking. There they two parties either agree or disagree on said price. Easy as that.

Ebay is a waist 99% of the time. Now there are rare occasions when I go on Ebay to see what I want is listed, and/or if something is not sold in town and online prices are cheaper. But Ebay is becoming a Amazon style store where it's 75% Ebay stores asking for a full retail price on any given item. Yes there is deals sometimes, but fair and few between than 10 years ago.

Plus it's common sense the more middle men you add the less profit you make. So why bother?????

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Ebay is a good tool, but the forums is an even better one.

On top of that, why would anyone want to give money to Ebay? And deal with all the cheap A$$ people who want to get something for nothing on there.

Unlike Ebay, most on here have a good understanding what a part is worth, and/or how much they are willing to pay.

Where as on Ebay, once it's listed, and it sells for dirt cheap your out of the part for way less than what 20+ people on here would have paid as it still would have been a good price.

Back in my Paintball days, people would wait to bid on the last day, an/or have an extra BS account and bid 40+ times to see what the reserve was. On top of that, there was a ton of other issues.

Things here are simple, IE here is the item and what I am asking. There they two parties either agree or disagree on said price. Easy as that.

Ebay is a waist 99% of the time. Now there are rare occasions when I go on Ebay to see what I want is listed, and/or if something is not sold in town and online prices are cheaper. But Ebay is becoming a Amazon style store where it's 75% Ebay stores asking for a full retail price on any given item. Yes there is deals sometimes, but fair and few between than 10 years ago.

Plus it's common sense the more middle men you add the less profit you make. So why bother?????

I've done really well on eBay finding parts reasonably, but it's a grind.
On the forum you had better see the listing damn near immediately or you'll be SOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts