Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have an 04 VRSCB that was in an accident! Only the right side of the bike was damaged.... The engine and transmission are completely sound!! It has barely over 3000 miles.... I am asking $6000.00. PM or reply to post with interest!!! Thanks!

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
PM sent yesterday. Is it salvage or clear title?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Looks like Ray has found #15! Damn good deal!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone...I have received a bunch of PM's asking if the bike is still for sale! I will make sure to post a message on this thread if the bike does indeed sell!!!

Now, on to the bad news.....I hope you all dont kill me, but the reason I am selling this is because I was injured pretty badly in the accident that this bike was involved in....Therefore, I am unable to work and can no longer afford the payments! So the bad news is I quoted the price as $6000.00 which is the amount I had left to pay off the bike.....Well I kinda looked at the bill wrong and I still owe $6500.00. I am so sorry to everyone that has already contacted me. I am not trying to make a penny on this thing... I just want what I owe so it can be payed off and get that title to one of you, which by the way is a clear title if I didn't mention that before!!!

Anyways I apologize again. If you all have any questions, feel free to call me. My name is Daniel Leatherman and my number is 573-673-2284. If I dont answer at first please leave a message. I'm weird about numbers I don't know. But I will return the call fast, I mean all I do right now is lay around with a smashed up leg and tell collection people they will get money when my attorney gets my settlement for me :) !!! Thanks all Ride SAFE!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Well Danny I'm glad your getting better. I hope the bike still moves for you. The price should still make it so a person can fix it and recover the funds. Or repair it and make a nice custom.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I assure anyone that this price is worthy of being asked and it will be recovered by fixing it up and will make a great custom for anyone!!!!! I would actually feel comfortable asking for more, but I am not because I hope that someone on this forum can grab up this good deal and enjoy this ride because I physically cannot!

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Can you list what is actually damaged. It's sort of hard to see with the pics.

Does the engine still turn over and trans still engage?

From what I can tell it appears, the exhaust is shot, brake pedal, rests, right mirror, Frame? oil pan?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it is for sale can you post some pics on your gallery page under your ID? and a list of what you know is damaged? Is the title clear or has it been marketed salvage?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok sorry that it has taken me forever to get some of the following information posted....I was looking all over for the estimate printout when I remembered that my attorney has my only copy. I wish it was as simple to go and get it but the law offices are in Columbia, MO where I was living before the accident. Now I am stayin with my family in Joplin, MO. So the drive to get the estimate report is 4 hours and its like pullin teeth to get a hold of the right person to get a copy sent to me...When I get the copy of this back in my possession, you all will know!!

Anyways, I have posted pics in my gallery, same as the ones in this thread, but just for another reference point for the pictures!!!

Ok, I am going to try to list some of the damage, mind you I am no mechanic and my knowledge of bike parts is very limited.....ok none!!! :)

This is what I know for sure:

*The frame and sub-frame were estimated
*The front fork
*Right brake/forward control
*Right mirror
*Exhaust
*Right tail blinker
*The airbox was dented
*Front fender has some road rash
*Trees

I believe this was the major stuff....from memory (which isn't bad :) ) the rest of the items were nuts and bolts types of things (like I said the knowledge is zilch)

Again, I want to mention the left side was untouched and is flawless. The engine and tranny did not suffer at all!!!! I know you all still may have many questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities!!! IMHO I think this bike is still awesome and I wish I could keep it and continue the payments, however, with this injury I cant work right now and being a single college student/bartender with no med. insurance and having now over 6 figures in med bills..... I am wiped out!!

Thanks everyone
Ride safe!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts