Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped the V Wednesday and scratched my VModded upper can. I have 2 sets of cans so I experimented on one a few months ago with the drilling mod. Today, I removed the inner baffle and ground out the large rear-end exhaust hole. In 2 places, there is a 1/4" roundish hole where the drill went thru the outer baffle and a small gap maybe 1/16" x 1" between the end of the baffle and the end plate.

Is this enough to cause reason for concern? I can start over with the other set, but I want to get on to my other repairs.

Thanks

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
You should be alright- though it might whistle now..... put it on and see how it runs. Maybe a pic would help also.

Assuming your fuel managment was set up for V-mods prior.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...topless, K&N, VMods and PCIII mapped by fuelmoto for those mods.

We'll see if she whistles at herself tomorrow.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finished this AM and mounted the top ZModded (heh heh) can. Looks pretty good, I say. and it sounds great. Finally I did something that DID save me some money. This was imperfect since it is the result of an earlier attempt to drill the can. If I do this again, I'll use the standard bimetal holesaws.

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
Looks great! I love the sound- I did notice out of one of mine that some insulation type material started to sneak out at the end right where the inside screen meets the outside cut. No big deal, just pushed/cut it back in.

Yours looks just like mine professionally done for round $200 (without sending in mine- I still have the originals).
Good job!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanky

I'd be fine with it if some insulation jams the crack...I'll trim it like you said.

I used a wood 1 3/4" holesaw for the header side and it wore out quickly, so I had to use a hammer and chisel to separate it. But now that I know how to do this, maybe I'll offer my services. Future examples would be much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts