Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 dx with hd security system with smart siren and 2 fobs willing to trade for stock none security system turn signal module and $100 plus shiping but its negotiable any takers let me know

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
i dont understand how not having a security system has anything to do with the ignition switch
With the security system installed you can't start the bike if the FOB is not in proximity to the bike. Thus there is no need to lock the electrical system. Not very smart but ....

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
...but if you get rid of the TSSM, shut off the bike but do NOT lock the ignition, someone can just walk up, turn it to run, start it up, and ride off into the sunset. And god forbid if you ever lose your key

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
...but if you get rid of the TSSM, shut off the bike but do NOT lock the ignition, someone can just walk up, turn it to run, start it up, and ride off into the sunset. And god forbid if you ever lose your key
I lost a key and a fob. The local dealership had replacement keys and I had to order a new fob.....then get both fobs reprogrammed with a new code to match the freshly reset TSSM. $75. 00 in labor out the door right there.

Lesson learned, "don't trust belt loop key holders when out for a ride."

Steve

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I lost a key and a fob. The local dealership had replacement keys and I had to order a new fob.....then get both fobs reprogrammed with a new code to match the freshly reset TSSM. $75. 00 in labor out the door right there.

Lesson learned, "don't trust belt loop key holders when out for a ride."

Steve
I keep the FOB in my zip up lapel pocket of my riding jackets. Noway to loose it unless I lose the jacket off my back.

·
boo
5,211 Posts

this is true, but it's doable. i just switched my alarm off my 07 onto my 08.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are still entertaining this idea......I am interested in the deal.
PM me .....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts