Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
George
5,411 Posts
Neat! Now I can erase the magic marker on the palm of my hand!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did the bikes come with the code preset? I bought mine used and I have no idea what the code is? Is there a default code that all the bikes come with that I can try? Is there a way to reset the code?

·
Irish Rod
62 Posts
vrod in cbus, to check if you have a code in your system, as follows
1. Alarm off(security lamp not blinking)
2.run switch off,
3. turn ignition On/off/on/ off/on
4. press left TURN SIGNAL twice, (TURNS SIGNALS SHOULD FLASH 1,2,or 3 times
5.press key fob twice, 1 flash turn sig. , count number of times security lamp flashes, this is your first digit of the code
6. Press key fob twice, 2 flash turn sig. count number of time security lamp flashes, this is Digit 2
7. press keyfob twice,3 flashes turn signals, count number of time security lamp flashes, this is digit 3
8. press keyfob twice , 4 flashes turn signals,count number of times security
lamp flashes , this is digit 4
9.Press keyfo twice, 5 flashes turn signal, count number of flashes security
lamp flashe ,this is digit 5.
10. press keyfob twice, 1 flash turn signals.
11. turn Ignition off.

If you wish to change a preset code, after the code has flashed on the security lamp you can advance the digit by pressing the left turn signal switch
E.G. to change 2 to 4 ,press left turn signal twice, then press key fob twice to move to the next digit.
To change 8 to 1 , you would press the left turn signal 3 times (8-9-1)and then press the keyfob twice
Hope this helps you. I just picked up a Ultra with no fob and I've been trying to unlock the alarm, but with out the code looks like I'm in trouble, will prob.
have to get a new TSSM

CHEERS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Security Alarm functions

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the night rod as of yesterday. Can you guys tell me how the security alarm is supposed to work. Sets with a push of the button but doesn't seem to unset when pushed again. Printed off all the code stuff above but haven't got my head around it yet. Too busy riding and too scarded to set the alarm now as i might not be able to unset it. I have replaced the battery in the unit.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
duckman996 said:
Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the night rod as of yesterday. Can you guys tell me how the security alarm is supposed to work. Sets with a push of the button but doesn't seem to unset when pushed again. Printed off all the code stuff above but haven't got my head around it yet. Too busy riding and too scarded to set the alarm now as i might not be able to unset it. I have replaced the battery in the unit.
Press twice very fast to disarm.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
mjw930 said:
In case you lost your security system card (or never got one) from the owners manual here's a copy you can print out and carry with you.

I just woke up so perhaps I have missed something. I have no push/hold buttons on my '07 DX fob. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
TEJASPECIAL said:
I just woke up so perhaps I have missed something. I have no push/hold buttons on my '07 DX fob. :D
The posts in this thread are for '02 to '06 models with a TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module). The '07 and later HDSSS (HD Smart Security System) with a HFSM (Hands Free Security Module) has different installation and operation procedures.

A few of the HDSSS HFSM "features":
  • key fob with RFI chip to transmit identity (no button to push)
  • no storage mode (current draw dropped from 3.2 mA to 0.7 mA)
  • system may not "hear" the fob if closer than 4" (102 mm) to system antenna (e.g. fob sitting on the seat)
  • installation requires serial # assignment with HD Digital Technician
  • PIN # must be entered before fob assignment

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
stever975 said:
The posts in this thread are for '02 to '06 models with a TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module). The '07 and later HDSSS (HD Smart Security System) with a HFSM (Hands Free Security Module) has different installation and operation procedures.

A few of the HDSSS HFSM "features":
  • key fob with RFI chip to transmit identity (no button to push)
  • no storage mode (current draw dropped from 3.2 mA to 0.7 mA)
  • system may not "hear" the fob if closer than 4" (102 mm) to system antenna (e.g. fob sitting on the seat)
  • installation requires serial # assignment with HD Digital Technician
  • PIN # must be entered before fob assignment

Thanks! :D Great info. A fellow knows it had to change. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi guys from St.-Petersburg (Russia)
I've just have bought VRSCR on auction after accident. The bike is with missing keys.
I've asked a friend at US to order the new keys by VIN from dealer. But I'm afraid it was equipped with security system. So is it possible to check from vin -was it with security system , or not?
thanks a lot for Your replays

·
Registered
5 Posts
VRSCAW Security Problems

Hi all; new to v-rod and new security systems. We bought an '07 VRSCAW used so don't have a PIN (previous owner doesn't remember entering one). Have a new fob with no button. I can't get my security system to shut off at all. Have tried all the suggestions here and in the manual. Is there a way to completely shut down the system or reset? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,259 Posts
Some questions for SteveandMollie.
Does the bike run at all?
Does it have an audible alarm associated with it?
if the bike will start, Move the FOB a good distance away from the bike, like 15 feet or greater. Try to start it.
What happened? did it start or no? It shouldn't if the security system is working.

When you shut the bike off the security system will automatically activate. The turn signals should blink a couple of times. If you have the audible alarm it should beep at you.

RUN to your H-D dealer and purchase a Owners manual for your year and model. It will explain how the security system works and how to set PIN numbers etc. The process is rather involved so someone bent on stealing your bike from the Wal-Mart parking lot can not remove and replace the security parts easily

·
Premium Member
11,259 Posts
I forgot to mention, Once you get this issue resolved make sure you set your own personal PIN in case you ever lose your FOB or it stops working for some reason. It's is possible to start the bike without the FOB present if you have a valid PIN.

If you lose your FOB and do not have a PIN set then you will have to purchase a whole new security system. It is not possible to recover from a lost FOB and no PIN.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have started my bike with my fob 25' away in a drawer in my kitchen, thought it was strange that it started hmmm what a security system.

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
I have started my bike with my fob 25' away in a drawer in my kitchen, thought it was strange that it started hmmm what a security system.
02 & few years after that {06}, DO NOT have the proximity/passive arm system the later year bikes have.

My 04 V has the fob that requires me to push the button to ARM, then two pushes to disarm, OTOH my 07-Ultra simply arms 2-3 seconds after ignition off, then if I move more than 25 away from the bike it goes into FULL ARM, any disturbance w/o my presence makes the alarm & lights freak.

·
Premium Member
11,259 Posts
If you have a FOB with a button then this is possible. A Buttonless FOB should disable the bikes electronics and enable the alarm if you walk away from the bike with it.
The security system with a Button FOB needs to be activated by pushing the button.

What year is your bike?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts