Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install the security system on my VSRCX and am having trouble. It comes with a new TSSM and a antenna and the new style key fob. The install instructions are piss poor and appear to be for the old style fob and Tssm but I managed to get the bike running using the procedures in the Electrical Diagnostics manual fro TSSM replacement

My problem is that the security system will not activate almost as if it isn't there. I can move the FOB away fro the bike and I tried removing the battery from the fob with no luck. There are no procedures fro synchronizing the fob to the tssm. All procedures regarding this process refer to clicking the fob key x number of times. Of course this fob has no button to push.

Any one have any suggestions as to what to do next?

The tssm part number is 68925-07 indicating it is for a '07.

Also a minor issue. The install instructions does not address where to mount the antenna. It comes with a bracket and a long cable, about a foot long.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a long talk with my dealer. Seems like the FOB needs to be programmed using a special computer available only to dealers. I took mine in and 15 minutes later the key FOB was fully operational. They charged me $23 for this.

The antenna clips on to a small rail just in front of the TSSM. Everything is working fine now.

The kit comes with only one FOB but two can be programmed in to the TSSM. If you feel the need, buy a second FOB and have them synced in at the same time. THE BUTTON STYLE FOBS do not work with the new 2007 TSSM

also, The Electrical diagnostic manual has a very glaring error. There appears to be a whole section missing regarding programming the TSSM once it is installed. The kit install procedures reference this non-existent section. There is a section in the back, appendix B, that discusses programming the Korean/Japanese version of the TSSM but nothing on the domestic version. The K/J appendix works well in setting up the PIN number and initial install procedures but the FOB is another matter. It must be programmed by the dealer.

If anyone else desires to install this kit, feel free to contact me with any questions.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
drpeter said:
Can the new style fob be retrofitted to a pre-07 bike?
Great question. Max is trying that so stay tuned for an update.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
installed the kit tonight...it all works except the fob that I will take to the dealer tomorrow.
I got the kit new off e-bay for $170 shipped :D
Thanks for the help

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
So let me make sure I inderstand. The new 07 bikes do not come standard with an alarm? What needs to be purchased seperately to have an alarm system?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
myvrodrocks said:
So let me make sure I inderstand. The new 07 bikes do not come standard with an alarm? What needs to be purchased seperately to have an alarm system?
The '07s do not come standard with a security system or an alarm. Both kits need to be purchased seperately and yes the security system does not come with an alarm. The alarm must be purchased seperately.

If you got a FOB with your bike then it has a security system. If it did not come with a FOB then you do not have a security system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Antenna Placement?

Where does the Antenna go? It's got a nice long cord, but it's a mystery where it might mount to. Also, does anyone have photos of the installation?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where does the Antenna go? It's got a nice long cord, but it's a mystery where it might mount to. Also, does anyone have photos of the installation?
The antenna fits just above the fuse box, forward of the ECM. There is a small fork like tang it slips on. The cable is about a foot to long.

Sorry I can not post a picture. That part of my bike went up in flames a couple of weeks ago and is under reconstruction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The antenna fits just above the fuse box, forward of the ECM. There is a small fork like tang it slips on. The cable is about a foot to long.

Sorry I can not post a picture. That part of my bike went up in flames a couple of weeks ago and is under reconstruction.
OK, got that part down. Thanks for the reply.

Am I still going to have to get the dealership involved to program something with the fob to make all this work? It's all so confusing :(
I went to my local dealership and the only help they wanted to offer was to set up an appointment in 2 weeks to pay them to do this. I'd rather not wait or pay...unless there's no way to avoid it.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Am I still going to have to get the dealership involved to program something with the fob to make all this work? It's all so confusing :(
I went to my local dealership and the only help they wanted to offer was to set up an appointment in 2 weeks to pay them to do this. I'd rather not wait or pay...unless there's no way to avoid it.
Yes you are at the mercy of the dealer. They need to hook up your bike to a thing called a Digital tech (or something like that) and enter fob serial numbers or something into your ECM.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts

Getting the TSSM and the ECM to reognize each other may be trickey. But if your lucky may done manually without a digital tech . I havent read what your up against here. The Key Fob to the TSSM is the easy part to do yourself

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting the TSSM and the ECM to reognize each other may be trickey. But if your lucky may done manually without a digital tech . I havent read what your up against here. The Key Fob to the TSSM is the easy part to do yourself
He doesn't have a TSSM it is a HFSM. Different animal. It can be married to the ECM using a Service manual documented procedure . The FOB integration must be done by someone with a Digital Tech.

Been there done that.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
He doesn't have a TSSM it is a HFSM. Different animal. It can be married to the ECM using a Service manual documented procedure . The FOB integration must be done by someone with a Digital Tech.

Been there done that.
:notworth:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
im not sure if im on the right track here but my 07 came with alarm ,siren and fob ,but maybe being an overseas model it was different

·
RIDER
20 Posts
Where can i find a security system?

Had a long talk with my dealer. Seems like the FOB needs to be programmed using a special computer available only to dealers. I took mine in and 15 minutes later the key FOB was fully operational. They charged me $23 for this.

The antenna clips on to a small rail just in front of the TSSM. Everything is working fine now.

The kit comes with only one FOB but two can be programmed in to the TSSM. If you feel the need, buy a second FOB and have them synced in at the same time. THE BUTTON STYLE FOBS do not work with the new 2007 TSSM

also, The Electrical diagnostic manual has a very glaring error. There appears to be a whole section missing regarding programming the TSSM once it is installed. The kit install procedures reference this non-existent section. There is a section in the back, appendix B, that discusses programming the Korean/Japanese version of the TSSM but nothing on the domestic version. The K/J appendix works well in setting up the PIN number and initial install procedures but the FOB is another matter. It must be programmed by the dealer.

If anyone else desires to install this kit, feel free to contact me with any questions.
Hi RustyG if this thread still is alive. I need a security system to a VRSCDX -08. I've read this thread but I cant find where to buy a system or the name of the company. Can you help me with this??:notworth::notworth:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im not sure if im on the right track here but my 07 came with alarm ,siren and fob ,but maybe being an overseas model it was different
All are optional features here in the states.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi RustyG if this thread still is alive. I need a security system to a VRSCDX -08. I've read this thread but I cant find where to buy a system or the name of the company. Can you help me with this??:notworth::notworth:
H-D sells a kit(s). There is also a company called Digital Guard Dog ( http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/ ) which is mentioned in quite a few threads on this forum. There is a How to regarding installation of the digital guard dog on a V-Rod. Go to the "HOW TO" forum for this.

The H-D security system (pn# 68207-07) comes with one FOB
The audible alarm (pn# 68328-02) is a second kit if you want noise.
There is a third kit called a Smart Siren II (PN# 68328-06). This kit includes a pager warning device that alerts you where ever you are if someone is tampering with your bike.

To get details of the H-D kits refer to the H-D accessory Catalog in the maintenance section under Security Systems.

You can get a catalog from your H-D dealer or peruse one at the parts counter.

Digital Guard Dog is here http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/

·
RIDER
20 Posts
Thanks RustyG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts