Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone know what it means if the red security status light on the guauge comes on and stays on???? the bike shows no codes and seems to be running fine. after the bike sits for awhile it doesnt come on but after riding for awhile it comes back on? i dont even have an alarm on the bike so what gives? should i be worried? thanks for any help anyone can give!:mad:

·
Cruzin the Dark Side
320 Posts
Have you done any mods where you removed or loostened up the left handgrip/clutch assembly? If not reassembled correctly, there is a switch (activated by the clutch lever) which will be improperly adjusted and the security light will stay on....been there

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope havent touched the bars at all ......yet!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so after playing around with the bike i have come to find that it comes on and stays on when i turn on my left turn signal......which for some reason isnt working....the front left light comes on with the running lights but does not blink and the left rear doesnt come on at all....hmmmm????

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sounds like something is grounding out.

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Mine started doing this after removing front signals...have rear LED signals. Same thing hit left turn and the red security light comes on.

Check your bulb on the left front signal

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I had the same issue and found a rear turn signal wire got messed up by the rear tire then I removed the dogs a$$.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well when the weather clears up i will check both the front and rear bulbs to see if one of them went bad if both look good i guss i will start tracing the wires to see if they are grounding out somewhere.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i went out today and swapped the left and right bulbs both front and rear....the bulbs worked on the right side but not the left still.... so im guessing i have some sort of electrical problem......well time to take it to the dealer and get it covered by warranty i guess:banghead:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hoss said:
Just sounds like nitpicking to me:blahblah:
how is it sound like nitpicking if my left blinkers arent working. its a safety issue

·
Registered
102 Posts
check your wires where they go into the handlebar assembley you might have a pinched wire it happened to me when I changed grips

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok so after playing around with the bike i have come to find that it comes on and stays on when i turn on my left turn signal......which for some reason isnt working....the front left light comes on with the running lights but does not blink and the left rear doesnt come on at all....hmmmm????
ever figure out this problem? I’m having the same one.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,437 Posts
Sounds like a wire is grounding out somewhere in your turn signals

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Would that cause my left front turn signal stay on only half lit? I’m not good at electrical work.
That's a sign of no ground to the bulb, running the power through both filaments to complete the circuit. take the bulb out and clean the contacts and socket and use lithium grease on the bulb base. should be a 5 min fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's a sign of no ground to the bulb, running the power through both filaments to complete the circuit. take the bulb out and clean the contacts and socket and use lithium grease on the bulb base. should be a 5 min fix.
Tried the lithium grease but it didn’t work. Looks like I’m gonna have to look for a bad ground.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts